KC Pedigree Whippet Puppies

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh for the benefit of anyone that doesnt know their facts to get a litter registered the bitch must be at least 12 months old at mating (fact taken from the kc website)

although most breed clubs recommend NOT breeding before a bitch is 2 years of age and will expel members who break this ruling.its there for the good of the bitch

Yet another stupid 1st post from somebody old enough to know better, 18 months is well old enough, the bitch is fine, the pups are fine so whats the big problem?

Think it would be best for people if they keep their noses out of places they aren't wanted.

Oh and this post is by Lee, not the person that normally shows the whippets, so like i said before any problems pm me before posting frankly silly points on the public forum.

Edited by parksie
Oh for the benefit of anyone that doesnt know their facts to get a litter registered the bitch must be at least 12 months old at mating (fact taken from the kc website)

although most breed clubs recommend NOT breeding before a bitch is 2 years of age and will expel members who break this ruling.its there for the good of the bitch

You are correct in saying that it is prefered that the bitch be 2years old, it is incorrect to state that the breed club would expel.

The bitch is 20mths old and it is unlikely to be her first season.

You are correct in saying that it is prefered that the bitch be 2years old, it is incorrect to state that the breed club would expel.

hi there i am new to this but i have had dogs for numerous years and the second season has always produced a good strong litter and the kennel club does state that the bitch has to be at least 12 months old at the day of mating and the puppies would not be registered if there was a problem so people who think this mating is wrong check first before commenting oh by the way nice pups and mum looks well

hi there i am new to this but i have had dogs for numerous years and the second season has always produced a good strong litter and the kennel club does state that the bitch has to be at least 12 months old at the day of mating and the puppies would not be registered if there was a problem so people who think this mating is wrong check first before commenting oh by the way nice pups and mum looks well

As posted by someone else on here, the whippet clubs have a code of ethics for a reason, the bitch was mated at 16 months and had her litter at 18, the code is there to protect the bitches as whippets are a late maturing breed in mind and body, there is no need to deliberately breed them this young

This is not just my opinion but that of all whippet clubs

Why don't you lot just let the man sell his pups and mind your business? This is a For Sale thread, not a general discussion on breeding age. If you don't like it, don't look ffs.

I think they look great, very lovely markings ... and if Crimbo wasn't round the corner I'd love to have one (am gagging for a whippet :laugh:).

Good luck with the rest, I hope you get top homes for them.

As posted by someone else on here, the whippet clubs have a code of ethics for a reason, the bitch was mated at 16 months and had her litter at 18, the code is there to protect the bitches as whippets are a late maturing breed in mind and body, there is no need to deliberately breed them this young

Oh and for the record Janice, the bitch wasn't 16 months old when she went for mating nor was she 18 months old when she had her litter and she definately didn't go to a dog in eccleshall, she went to derbyshire (rumours round the whippet show scene). Again the words facts and straight spring to mind.

Lee.

Why don't you lot just let the man sell his pups and mind your business? This is a For Sale thread, not a general discussion on breeding age. If you don't like it, don't look ffs.

I think they look great, very lovely markings ... and if Crimbo wasn't round the corner I'd love to have one (am gagging for a whippet :laugh:).

Good luck with the rest, I hope you get top homes for them.

Im entitled to post my opinion and just because its a for sale advert means nothing if someone was selling pups at 4 weeks i would hope people would give their opinion

Nothing like gettin off to a good start.... :clapper: Bitch in second season, healthy pups. Whats the problem? Dont think we should take much notice of what various clubs and organisations suggest, the K.C. has given us Bullldogs that cant breath, GSD that cant walk and ruined more breeds of working dog than I care to mention. So perhaps they are full of shi@.

By all means have your say in the correct section, start a thread, dont come on and start to preach, its not required.

Love your new pics, very tempted indeed in your young lady having recently lost our gorgeous whippet girl, I was looking to rehome an adult dog - Will have a word with the fella when he gets in from work and get back to you.