Sign in to follow this  
jonher

Harris Bipod

Hi, I saw a Harris and a Deben side by side and I tell you there is no difference at all. I defy anyone to tell the difference. They are totally identical in all respects.

Below is an image of a couple of different Debens. The bottom one looks quite similar to the two Harris bipods sitting on my desk. The screw that tightens the bipod down on the sling swivel stud is larger on the Deben and it lacks the screws on the legs that lock it at incremental adjustments. Otherwise it seems pretty darn close to a Harris, at least from the picture.

Skip

Debenbipods.jpg

My old Remington XP100 with a Harris BR model.

XP100.jpg

Below is an image of a couple of different Debens. The bottom one looks quite similar to the two Harris bipods sitting on my desk. The screw that tightens the bipod down on the sling swivel stud is larger on the Deben and it lacks the screws on the legs that lock it at incremental adjustments. Otherwise it seems pretty darn close to a Harris, at least from the picture.

Skip

Debenbipods.jpg

My old Remington XP100 with a Harris BR model.

XP100.jpg

What caliber is the remington?

is it possible to keep on swaping over a bipod between rifles as long as they both got studs???

Yep...I have 2 Bipods and 7 rifles....not the best commercial decision to buy one for each!!

dont mean to hijack but how much do these bipods weigh? as i dont particularily want to be carrying one around when im walking a long way if theyre heavy

Edited by llyr21

I dont notice the weight but I do get a bit Pi**ed off with it keep jabbing me in the shoulder blade!!!

Good bit of kit, I am also able to shoot off sticks with the bipod in situe.

CBW

Hi, I saw a Harris and a Deben side by side and I tell you there is no difference at all. I defy anyone to tell the difference. They are totally identical in all respects.

Have you actually had one of each in your hand, there is a difference the harris is superior quality, and a better design overall.

I don't know the Deben, but when I had the choice of a rockmount or a harris, gunshop folk said "Go on, tell the difference then". Took me about 5 seconds...

My Harris bipods are great (have 3, two long-leg and one 9-13). They're pretty lightweight, reliable and sturdy.