• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set your fenn in a tunnel along just about any hedge back in the country and you will pick up the odd weasel.You can use bait in cold weather but not in warm weather as it goes off too quick.Personally i like to see the little caracters hunting the mice and voles......P@G

not too sure abput weasels, but stoats those r the little shites u want to be trapping, a rabbits head in the box with the trap should do, if ur after stoats, or somtimes rats dont put the trap too close to the bait cos the little gits reach over and pull the bait into the trap iv caught more thn one stoat in a fenn tunnel chewing on the bait in the trap

I'm with Pegandgun, the little fellas don't do any harm.

Stoats are worse, but weasels need controlling if your a keeper! They do lots of damage wild game during nesting time, mainly to eggs and chicks. But can occaisionally take adult game, especially partridge. It pays to learn of the habbits and differences between the stoat and the weasel before starting to trap up.

forgotto mention some areas there are more stoats than weasels, the estate i work on i only know of one person catching a weasel in their traps this is a big grouse estate so theres a fair few traps, but my mate who works in a different set of hills catches nout but weasels