WHICH TERRIER FINDER???

Guest oldskool

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There becomes a point where something is too expensive and at £350 the Bellman and Flint (IMO) is total overkill.

so if your dog died to ground because you couldnt locate it, and you got the chance of getting it back for 350 quid im sure you would take it, and as that is a impossibility id say that the price of the B&F is more than worth it

There becomes a point where something is too expensive and at £350 the Bellman and Flint (IMO) is total overkill.

so if your dog died to ground because you couldnt locate it, and you got the chance of getting it back for 350 quid im sure you would take it, and as that is a impossibility id say that the price of the B&F is more than worth it

But that's the point, the Deben one works perfectly well, do you really need more than 40 feet? Why would you want to spend any more money than is necessary. What if they brought one out that worked to 100 metres which cost £600?

Any man or woman that enters a dog to ground should be able to locate there dog locator or not ,very recently a friend of mine had to do just that as the collar had been chewed to bits and not working what difference did the range of the locator or price of the locator matter then ?.Thats the problem with modern tecknology it takes the craft out of Terrier work .So if your locator failed tomorrow would you be able to find your dog as accidents and failure do happen .

But that's the point, the Deben one works perfectly well, do you really need more than 40 feet? Why would you want to spend any more money than is necessary. What if they brought one out that worked to 100 metres which cost £600?

Thats exactly what i say but whats the differance?there is none except from range and you will never have to locate a terrier at more than 40feet so why the bellman and flitn and not the new deben longe range??

{so why the bellman and flitn and not the new deben longe range?? } Reliability,Though Deben lost my custom forever when i bought a mk2 set off them which was RUBBISH and ended up in the bin where it belonged..

Aye maybe so.

but is that the case with the new deben there seems to be alot of difference from the old debens than the new deben lrt.

{there seems to be alot of difference from the old debens than the new deben lrt.} I hope you're right but i've had the B&f for afew seasons now and would have probably gone through a couple of mk1 boxes and maybe half a dozen collars in that time.So for me the initial extra cost is well worth it..

well for what its worth i have a B&F thats been playing up of late sent it back to them and its come back just the same [ all over the place] i also have the deben mk3 [not the lrt] and to be honist its never failed i now just keep it as a spare and have just ordered the barryvox from byan, the B&F has gone back again so touch wood they may sort it this time

well for what its worth i have a B&F thats been playing up of late sent it back to them and its come back just the same [ all over the place] i also have the deben mk3 [not the lrt] and to be honist its never failed i now just keep it as a spare and have just ordered the barryvox from byan, the B&F has gone back again so touch wood they may sort it this time

Fair enough,i just had a bad experience with the mk2 and lost faith in deben after that.Funny how deben brought out the mk3 so quickly :whistling: