100 yarder

will.f11

Right, I have just sent off the money for a 100 yard quickset longnet and basket system. will this be anygood for nighttime longnetting or does it need to be a traditional longnet? also would the clinking of the pegs scare the rabbits off?

cheers. I own a couple 26 acre silage fields and they feed in the middle as the lamping is really good in there :) so do I just put it in front of the burries, walk the longest route possible to get to them and then drive them in gently? I am well chuffed as ive got it at a really really good price :)

cheers jay jay, goodluck. im fairly new to the longnetting game and recently bought a 35 yard traditional longnet in 10z. this has been perfect as i have managed to get the hang of it really quickly and have been out practising in the garden most nights(trying to learn to lay and pick up in the dark) and also a big thanks to stubby as he has been a great help with me starting it :thumbs:

haha cheers then mate :thumbs: I cant get enough of it. my dad used to do alot but he thinks im mad because all i do i cut our local rabbit polulation, be it snares, ferrets, airguns, shotguns, a bit of trapping lol and the odd bit of lamping with lurchers. hehe. i have an obbsession

cheers. I own a couple 26 acre silage fields and they feed in the middle as the lamping is really good in there :) so do I just put it in front of the burries, walk the longest route possible to get to them and then drive them in gently? I am well chuffed as ive got it at a really really good price :)

thats right mate, just remember to angle the ends out into the field, at a 45 degree angle, as some bunnies tend to run the length of the net, having that bit angled out at the ends, hopefully catches them