WHATS HAPPING AROUND THE COUNTRY

went out on the geese today, id been invited about 6 or 7 times over the last month or two but with shoots at home and beating / picking up else where i just couldnt manage to get away..

i arrived at 7 and met my good friend and host with a client he has with him for the week, we made sharp work of the hide and putting the pattern out, and by what i could see of the field the geese had hammered it, no wonder the farmers are crying out for us to keep them off the fields..

they started in skiens of nice managable sizes, 5 to 10 s , then as the morning wore on they besame larger and larger... we called down a few skiens of well over 350 which we just videoed coming in and let go away again un touched :) , we must be turning soft, :o not quite sure what the farmer would have said mind..

we ended up with a big bag of greys, (id mention how many but know fine well that it would get jumped on by a few, and really cant be aresed ;) ..) all of which were cooled and packed away into a brand new merc ready for the trip back to italy :blink: , at least they ALL were getting used...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alimac any chance you can up load the video we all like to see geese coming in to the decoys but not many people see the video of greys they are total different from pinks coming to decoys

All the best

Regards

yep il get the video off his camera on the week end and try putting it on, will prob be a you tube link

on saturday ,i had an invite from a mate to shoot his res .. we ended up with 18 mallard 1 gadwell and 1 tufty ... there was not much come and we both shot well ...

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

i know my mate has got mallards,teal and canadas on his pond........hopfully going duck shooting soon myself, although there is one problem! i have never shot anything in my life, but hey you have to learn some how as it looks fun and tasty

There is a constant build up of geese on the Eden estuary at present. Local farmers will have problems after the inland season ends.

This is typical of how the seasons are changing with geese staying around Loch Leven till April before they depart.

www.ukshootingbreaks.org

post-19567-1232789292_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2009, 2010 season

i thought i would get this topic going again, it went well last season.... so come on lads what's been happing, i have a few mallard, teal ,widgeon ,7 greylag ,now and i got a canada sunday morning ..

Im in Montrose & our montrose basin is moving with geese i recon 30tho + & a few duck showing up now. I aint been out much but have had a golden eye & a hen wigeon on the 1st & plan to go out on the basin tonight & tomorrow. I cant beleave the amount of geese in & think they are well up on numbers than last year at this time its just moving with them.