There is a pure white one on a pond at my permission will they still breed with the native mallard's..

Millet

yeah they will and f**k up all the wild stock,ignore chilli take it down the vets and get it vasectomised :laugh:

Has millet not shown you his new camera ?

milletsgun8xm.gif

f**k me where do you find them :laugh::laugh::laugh:

yis chris

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the camera. Could use one on the photo tour of the several political places here in town :)

On the subject of crossbreeding, many species hybrize and that is especially true of ducks. Lots of wild cross-duck combinations. Our notion of "species" is not exactly the same as theirs. :)

Patrick

Saw a little felleh flying into this niche' in an old Yew tree the other day & thought he was just after insects for young or something................but after waiting 20minutes for the fecker to come out, decided to have a closer look............and was amazed to find it NESTING there!!!!!!!!.......I've never seen this bird nest in places like this or heard of it either.........what do you think it is.......(will post another pic. later).........

DSC_0004_edited-1.jpg

Right..........There has been a closer guess...............and its not the SWAN :tongue2: :whistle: :D ....... here is the best pic. i could get as the crack in the tree ain't that wide........Its feckin' easy now.........first one gets a .........................................wait for it..............................................Gold star :laugh::laugh:

DSC_0006_edited-2.jpg

:D:yes::yes: Gold Star Nobby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good::good: I've only found 2 long tailed tits nests before this but they've been the normal perfect little ball with their tiny hole part way down all seeming to be held together with cobwebs............this must be an idle little feck........and thought feck it i'll make do with this tree :laugh::laugh::laugh:
i have never seen or heard of a l t tit nesting in anything other than its own round nest. that is amazing :blink: can you get a better pic of the bird sat??

No chance :no: ............thats as far in as i can get with the camera.........& it had to go on manual focus for that with me holding the cam. above my head & in the crack of the yew.......its very unusual though......some ornatholigist guy is coming to verify the nest in the next few days.......hopefully the squirrels won't have the fecker before then!

well done mate for finding it. This could be a true first amongst british birds. I have looked through all of my extensivbe collection of birding books and there has never been a mention of this ...well done... :good: