206 replies to this topic

#16 bullsmilk

bullsmilk

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:10 pm

could be a cross mate indian runner /ailsbury/mallard ?

#17 SeanTheHawker

SeanTheHawker

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:41 pm

theres one of two aylesburys i seen every now and again. but would they crossbreed in the wild?

#18 J Darcy

J Darcy

Gimplet

• Donator
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:59 pm

shoot the fxcker so it doesnt breed withe the pure mallards and you will end up with a race of mongrels with white feathers and heads and suchlike.. :good:

#19 bullsmilk

bullsmilk

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:04 pm

most dommestic breeds are from the same original stock so cross breeding is a prob as with dogs. ;) differant speciese of duck can x breed but i think most r infertile like mules eg canery xs

#20 byron

byron

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:51 pm

could be a cross mate indian runner /ailsbury/mallard ?

khaki cambell?

#21 Hardfeather

Hardfeather

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:15 pm

most dommestic breeds are from the same original stock so cross breeding is a prob as with dogs. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... differant speciese of duck can x breed but i think most r infertile like mules eg canery xs

They will still be fertile unless they cross with a muscovy which this aint I'd say it was a kahki campbell,orpington or runner cross.do what darcy says and get it shot before it starts tredding all the pure stuff
yis chris

#22 sandymere

sandymere

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:16 am

:D top of the class max points first go i'll not get me head out of the door now. must admit too being a bit of a birder' the other eve friend said about a franklin's gull near here so went out in a downpour got soaked and only poor views of the bird, next day running in same area the bloody thing was on the grass by the track about 10 feet away! :realmad:

#23 sandymere

sandymere

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:20 am

They will still be fertile unless they cross with a muscovy which this aint I'd say it was a kahki campbell,orpington or runner cross.do what darcy says and get it shot before it starts tredding all the pure stuff
yis chris
[/quote]

i'll 2nd that!

#24 ratcher

ratcher

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:01 pm

i was out walking the dogs yesterday and heard a cukoo for the first time this year ainybody else heard one yet :D

#25 byron

byron

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:43 pm

i was out walking the dogs yesterday and heard a cukoo for the first time this year ainybody else heard one yet http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

yep. one round here .sounds like its got a bit of a sore throat :laugh:

#26 byron

byron

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:02 pm

I ain't heard the sound of a Cuckoo for four or five years http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... ,i only live two miles from where i used to live and when i lived there it was a daily sound at this time of year http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... ,it's nice to know there still around.Cheers Andy. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

heard another at dusk tonite could be same one. aint heard any females yet.; makes a bubbling call/noise ] on the subject of cuckoo;s any one ever seen a big young un in a nest strange looking buggers becoming scarcer every year[ sadly ]

#27 Guest_GAZCO_*

Guest_GAZCO_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:19 am

heard the first one last wednesday/quite common up here

#28 Guest_midnight_runner_*

Guest_midnight_runner_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:40 pm

heard one last week i was fishing near glenorchy. it had us sussed :yes: :yes: woodpeckers aswell

#29 Guest_seamus_*

Guest_seamus_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:21 pm

ive been hearing him the past few days

#30 Guest_seamus_*

Guest_seamus_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:36 am

there back lads, i went out the side there,and the house martins are dive bombing and swooping,i love that sight,the place is like aN AIR SHOW WITH THESE SWALLOWS AND HOUSE MARTINS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users