• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest what a flight

sparrowhawks there nests and young get predated on too,

until last week i new of a nest with 6 eggs in,they where all eaten by a grey squirrel.

goshawks will take adult spars,buzzards tawny owls take the chicks,corvids squirrels small chicks

aswell as the eggs.Its not just the little brown jobbies that have a hard time ;)

One of the best attacks by a wild spar i seen was in liverpool city centre,female spar clamped

on a scraggs head amongst crowds of people,priceless B) ,she must of been a falconry bird in the past she had no fear of people...

W A F.....

A Mates Musket ,the mighty atom. :yes:

musket.jpg

Back to the pigeon thing and keeping hawks off them ,a mate of mine into his tumblers ,rollers -stamps a red and yellow eye on the outspread wings of the pigeons with a kids ink stamp set.Says losses are minimal

now ,just varies the colour of eye every now and then . :good:

Lovely little things 'aint they!..

Some animals just look real friendly!?..lol.

Pleasure watching them flying around on the hunt for bugs and all the other little nastys!... :good:

Nice Pics mate,..

Kye..

WELL LADS ,

IAM A LOVER OF ALL WILDLIFE .................... AND I LOVE TO SEE BIRDS IN GENERAL GOING ABOUT THEIR DAILY BUSINESS OF SURVIVAL , HOWEVER ............ SINCE MAN HAS INTERFERED WITH THE BALANCE OF NATURE SO MUCH ........... IMO CERTAIN SPECIES NEED CONTROLING TO VIABLE LEVELS , THE SPARROWHAWK IS ONE OF THESE ........THEY ARE A LONG WAY FROM REACHING PLAGUE PREPORTIONS , BUT HAVE RECENTLY HAD A POPULATION

" BOOM " IN MY AREA

THE LOCAL PIGEON FANCIERS ............. BOTH RACING AND ROLLER MEN ARE UP IN ARMS ABOUT THE " BOOM " AND ARE CULLING THEMSELVES ................... WHO CAN BLAME THEM ??????

AFTER ALL A FARMERS ALLOWED TO SHOOT A FOX FOR PREYING ON HIS SHEEP ........WHY SHOULDNT A PIGEON FANCIER / BRITISH BIRD KEEPER ETC BE ALLOWED TO PROTECT HIS STOCK FROM PREDATION ??

HOPEFULLY I WILL BE FLYING A KIT OF BIRMINGHAM ROLLERS BY NEXT YEAR ......... BELIVE ME ANY RAPTORS IN FOR SOME PAIN IF THEY DECIDE THEY WANT A MEAL FROM " MY " LOFT :yes:

DUCKWING ;)

farmers lose money when foxes kill there stock, pigions is a hobby,if you keep a top blood line then all i can say its tuff at the top, and at [bANNED TEXT] silly cost are brummy rollers? i'd rather see a good flight off a hawk than a bird that shits on yer cars allday! to see that you pigion keepers display the fact you would harm these raptors is i hope you get caught for your act :realmad:

WELL LADS

BEEN AWAY FOR A WHILE AND I GET BACK AND THIS BULLET " KID " IS MAKING RED FACES AT ME :icon_eek:

ANYONE THAT KNOWS ME KNOWS THATS A BIG MISTAKE .............. LETS JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT

WELL FELLAS ............... I HALF EXPECTED A TOUCH OF FLACK FROM THE NEWBIE FALCONARY BOYS ........AND EVERYONES GOT THEIR OPINION ...........BUT I WILL SAY IT AGAIN

" EVERYONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PROTECT THEIR STOCK FROM PREDATION "

AND BY THE WAY WHAT THE FECKS IT MATTER HOW MUCH SOMETHING COSTS ??????

TO ME A SPARROWHAWK AINT WORTH A CRAP ............... BUT I WOULDNT BERATE SOMEONE FOR KEEPING THEM ..................... THEN MAYBE IVE GOT MORE CLASS THAN THAT ?

IF ANYONE....... AND I MEAN " ANYONE " WANTS TO MAKE AN ISSUE OUT OF THE ABOVE

IM JUST A PM AWAY

DUCKWING

:clapper: I'm working up in High Wycombe which is the Chilterns and on my way home see quite a lot of Red Kites and Ive got to say what a magnificent bird of prey they are brilliant soarer's spiraling up and up in the thermals any one else seen as many?
:clapper: I'm working up in High Wycombe which is the Chilterns and on my way home see quite a lot of Red Kites and Ive got to say what a magnificent bird of prey they are brilliant soarer's spiraling up and up in the thermals any one else seen as many?

Yeah, see em round Reading which is not too far from High Wycombe.

think there was a project few years back to release them, and they've thrived.

Guest colin.223

I went to the welsh game fair last month, in camarthen (west wales) i seen four on the way home, isnt it nice when the missus drives home really get a chance to have a look about, stunning birds

Guest chilli

I was working in princess risborough at the end of last year , all you could hear all day was them things cooring . See them harras birds a few times certainly a nice sight to watch .