Sign in to follow this  
IanB

Bird Spotting.

shoot the fxcker so it doesnt breed withe the pure mallards and you will end up with a race of mongrels with white feathers and heads and suchlike.. :good:

most dommestic breeds are from the same original stock so cross breeding is a prob as with dogs. ;) differant speciese of duck can x breed but i think most r infertile like mules eg canery xs

could be a cross mate indian runner /ailsbury/mallard ?

khaki cambell?

most dommestic breeds are from the same original stock so cross breeding is a prob as with dogs. ;) differant speciese of duck can x breed but i think most r infertile like mules eg canery xs

They will still be fertile unless they cross with a muscovy which this aint I'd say it was a kahki campbell,orpington or runner cross.do what darcy says and get it shot before it starts tredding all the pure stuff

yis chris

:D top of the class max points first go i'll not get me head out of the door now. must admit too being a bit of a birder' the other eve friend said about a franklin's gull near here so went out in a downpour got soaked and only poor views of the bird, next day running in same area the bloody thing was on the grass by the track about 10 feet away! :realmad:

They will still be fertile unless they cross with a muscovy which this aint I'd say it was a kahki campbell,orpington or runner cross.do what darcy says and get it shot before it starts tredding all the pure stuff

yis chris

i'll 2nd that!

i was out walking the dogs yesterday and heard a cukoo for the first time this year ainybody else heard one yet :D

i was out walking the dogs yesterday and heard a cukoo for the first time this year ainybody else heard one yet :D

yep. one round here .sounds like its got a bit of a sore throat :laugh:

I ain't heard the sound of a Cuckoo for four or five years :no: ,i only live two miles from where i used to live and when i lived there it was a daily sound at this time of year :yes: ,it's nice to know there still around.Cheers Andy. :good:

heard another at dusk tonite could be same one. aint heard any females yet.; makes a bubbling call/noise ] on the subject of cuckoo;s any one ever seen a big young un in a nest strange looking buggers becoming scarcer every year[ sadly ]

Guest GAZCO

heard the first one last wednesday/quite common up here

Guest midnight_runner

heard one last week i was fishing near glenorchy. it had us sussed :yes::yes: woodpeckers aswell

Guest seamus

there back lads, i went out the side there,and the house martins are dive bombing and swooping,i love that sight,the place is like aN AIR SHOW WITH THESE SWALLOWS AND HOUSE MARTINS