• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a cuckoo is a long , thin strip wood on saturday. i had a wlak this afternoon with a view to photographing a treecreeper sat on her nest only to find the bark pushed out and the nest pulled right out. i wonder if the cuckoo would have been to blame. i know the treecreeper has small eggs and the cuckoos would be much larger , but its not impossible.....what do others think?

Guest rattingaddict
I heard a cuckoo is a long , thin strip wood on saturday. i had a wlak this afternoon with a view to photographing a treecreeper sat on her nest only to find the bark pushed out and the nest pulled right out. i wonder if the cuckoo would have been to blame. i know the treecreeper has small eggs and the cuckoos would be much larger , but its not impossible.....what do others think?

yes, once found some cuckoo's eggs in a reed warblers nest

yes, once found some cuckoo's eggs in a reed warblers nest

do you mean a cuckoo egg in one nest or more in one nest ?

Guest chilli

Shoot it millet

With your camera of course ;) .

aylsbury, callers, indian runners etc are all decendents of mallards that have been bred by man to produce certain characteristic but are still basically mallards so will readily breed with wild mallards, the young of which will be able to bred, if you want a nice dinner then the hybreds are often a little larger so more meat!

Guest chilli

There is a pure white one on a pond at my permission will they still breed with the native mallard's..

Millet

yeah they will and f**k up all the wild stock,ignore chilli take it down the vets and get it vasectomised :laugh:

Has millet not shown you his new camera ?

milletsgun8xm.gif

Guest MOLLY

Now the weather is good and the birds can find their own grub, should i stop feeding them or will it help them raise their young? Ive heard it it can interfere with them getting the natural food they should be getting?

MOLL.

Now the weather is good and the birds can find their own grub, should i stop feeding them or will it help them raise their young? Ive heard it it can interfere with them getting the natural food they should be getting?

MOLL.

keep it up if your feeding wildbird seed soak a cupfull; sproated as long as they clean it up in a day. dont feed whole peanuts

Guest MOLLY

I have whole peanuts in a feeder that they have to peck to get small bits out.

I put wild bird seed mixed with the lard pellet things (like the lard balls but the size of minced beef)

Will this be ok?

MOLL.