• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You talkin to me?

Whats the problem mate, there are f*ck all rabbits around here if you must know!!! You know it is possible to have respect for the animals and environment as well as being a hunter.

im sure you would make agood candidate for rabbit coservation officer in your area should such a post become available good luck

Guest Countryboyo
You talkin to me?

Whats the problem mate, there are f*ck all rabbits around here if you must know!!! You know it is possible to have respect for the animals and environment as well as being a hunter.

Well said man. Theres nothing wrong with giving something back. I say enjoy the sport but respect the quarry and give them a chance to breed more. If people dont then there will just be more bans and stricter laws. There are no rabbits where i am either and now I am willing to give something back after i have had years of enjoyment in the past flushing and lamping in the area.

Dont let the ignorent all take and no give fellas on this forum get to you

I start in late Sept/early Oct. And finish as soon as we get the first doe with it's tubes swelled up. Usually early to mid Feb. And this is on high ground on the hills. Low ground they will breed later, and start sooner, sometimes all year round in mild weather.

Once upon a time if i'd have been given a wage for keeping the numbers down I would have done, or if i could use the bunny's. (ferret food)

But don't think I would now.

I think i've gone soft to be honest, lol!

Guest Countryboyo
I start in late Sept/early Oct. And finish as soon as we get the first doe with it's tubes swelled up. Usually early to mid Feb. And this is on high ground on the hills. Low ground they will breed later, and start sooner, sometimes all year round in mild weather.

Once upon a time if i'd have been given a wage for keeping the numbers down I would have done, or if i could use the bunny's. (ferret food)

But don't think I would now.

I think i've gone soft to be honest, lol!

You havent gone soft brimmer thats what I call intelligent hunting. People should look ahead to next years sport and leave them breed. or else you will have to take drastic measures like me and the rearing programme.

You talkin to me?

Well said man. Theres nothing wrong with giving something back. I say enjoy the sport but respect the quarry and give them a chance to breed more. If people dont then there will just be more bans and stricter laws. There are no rabbits where i am either and now I am willing to give something back after i have had years of enjoyment in the past flushing and lamping in the area.

Dont let the ignorent all take and no give fellas on this forum get to you

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Glad to see theres some good people here.

I have already suggested a number of you have got to understand the difference between control and sport.

BUT>>>>Before you go getting all riotous about preserving rabbits for the future you should make yourselves aware of this....

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/publicati...ife/WML-GO2.pdf

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
Guest Countryboyo
I have already suggested a number of you have got to understand the difference between control and sport.

BUT>>>>Before you go getting all riotous about preserving rabbits for the future you should make yourselves aware of this....

That is the biggest load of crap ever. Your on the wrong forum if you pay attention to rules that closely. This legality crack is hilarious with some members of this forum. Like if you decide to release a few rabbits no one is going to be peeping out of a bush watching what your doing, ready to tackle you to the ground and arrest you.

You goody goody you

Edited by Countryboyo

That is the biggest load of crap ever. Your on the wrong forum if you pay attention to rules that closely. This legality crack is hilarious with some members of this forum. Like if you decide to release a few rabbits no one is going to be peeping out of a bush watching what your doing, ready to tackle you to the ground and arrest you.

You goody goody you

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Write to your MP and campaign to get the law changed if you don't like it! :thumbs: I shoot rabbits all year and have no problem taking the money from many grateful owners, Winter shooting is a much better way to control rabbit numbers than Summer shooting!

>>>and let me say yet again....... you have got to understand the difference between vermin control and sport!!!

Guest Countryboyo

You goody goody you

Write to your MP and campaign to get the law changed if you don't like it! :thumbs: I shoot rabbits all year and have no problem taking the money from many grateful owners, Winter shooting is a much better way to control rabbit numbers than Summer shooting!

>>>and let me say yet again....... you have got to understand the difference between vermin control and sport!!!

WEl if fellows with guns like you keep going the way ye are there will be no rabbits left to hunt at all. sport or control or whatever you want to call it. And as for the MPs, I think us hunters/country men know a bit more about wildlife than ass wipes in suits so i wouldnt take their little rules too seriously . They are obviously clueless. good lad ;)

You goody goody you

WEl if fellows with guns like you keep going the way ye are there will be no rabbits left to hunt at all. sport or control or whatever you want to call it. And as for the MPs, I think us hunters/country men know a bit more about wildlife than ass wipes in suits so i wouldnt take their little rules too seriously . They are obviously clueless. good lad ;)

There are more rabbits in this country now than when Mixxy was introduced...keep up chap!! Apparently the vermin controllers in your part of the country are quite efficient, or maybe the fox, or birds, or dogs, or farmers, or mixxy, etc...you are not the only one out there hunting bunnies!!!

Guest Countryboyo

You goody goody you

There are more rabbits in this country now than when Mixxy was introduced...keep up chap!! Apparently the vermin controllers in your part of the country are quite efficient, or maybe the fox, or birds, or dogs, or farmers, or mixxy, etc...you are not the only one out there hunting bunnies!!!

yes I know this son

If there are a lot of rabbits in Dekers area then as a pest controller he wouldnt be doing a very good job, if he packed up for the summer! Farmers/ clients want results!

The areas which I hunt for sport and food have only a small number of rabbits

so i choose to limit the amount i take and only do it throughout the winter months.

I think an enforced close season on rabbits would be a mistake. :thumbdown: