Finding my dog on the Greyhound database

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_world.hunters_*

Guest_world.hunters_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:23 pm

i have 2 pure greys that i work.

my irish brindle bitch i found her history from her racing name but not her ear tattoo.

but my black english bread bitch i dont know her full racing name and the ear tattoo is not reconised on the database is there any other sites i can look it up on.

cheers
w.h

#2 Chaz

Chaz

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:30 pm

i have 2 pure greys that i work.

my irish brindle bitch i found her history from her racing name but not her ear tattoo.

but my black english bread bitch i dont know her full racing name and the ear tattoo is not reconised on the database is there any other sites i can look it up on.

cheers
w.h

Unless it got to the racing stage and raced NGRC it will not be on there unless somebody uploaded it themselves,
if you have part of it`s racing name you can search for a partial name by using * either before or after what you have of the name

#3 Guest_hpool_hunter_*

Guest_hpool_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:43 pm

alot of them are not on there mate . :thumbs:

#4 Leeview

Leeview

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:35 pm

any record of parents, would be a big help
Y.I.S Leeview

#5 tote

tote

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:16 pm

cheers
w.h

Contact http://www.ngrc.org.uk/ they might be able to help.

#6 COMPO

COMPO

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:07 pm

after a previous thread on another forum , a mate who was an ex kennel boy in the late 70's and early 80's, was sent a link by me from Leeview to the dog on that site..........the site had it as a bitch....my mate laughed as he said the dog was a very big black dog....like himself :clapper: the info's only as good as the people putting it up and we all make mistakes

#7 Trap1

Trap1

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:30 pm

Type in the letters in your dogs ear and change the number ( not number 5 not used in british bred replaced with A ) and you may get another dog in the litter.

#8 lee

lee

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:22 pm

i had the same problem.. now sorted, get in contact with either the english or irish greyhound board via e mail or phone
with the tatto numbers

#9 Kay

Kay

Wishing Her Photos Were Fuzzy

• Donator
  • 22,977 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:27 pm

I found it hard to read the tattoo in my dogs ear put in several combinations & got nothing up for anything, although i know the name he had but just wanted to see if it tallied with the tattoo

#10 deputydog

deputydog

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 680 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:08 pm

most tattos arent on greyhound data a lot of info on there is incorrect the tracks use a different data base...
i have a bitch in the kennels and on greyhound data it says shes a dog

#11 Perdy

Perdy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:39 am

If you have tattoos you can call the relevent national stud book (google them the numbers are easy to find).

Did this for a friends dog and got the date of birth, dam / sire and place of birth, even though dog had never been NGRC registered (no race name) They are super helpful but it can take a while to get through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users