how do you drop the weight on your harris hawk

Guest richy

markieboi old son its OK shouting your mouth off on this forum thinking you know everything about BoP chap but if I remember correctly it wasn't that long ago YOU was asking the same silly questions on another forum :whistling: so get off your high horse shut your mouth and you might learn something :clapper:

1st season harris hawkers know it all :notworthy:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

markieboi old son its OK shouting your mouth off on this forum thinking you know everything about BoP chap but if I remember correctly it wasn't that long ago YOU was asking the same silly questions on another forum :whistling: so get off your high horse shut your mouth and you might learn something :clapper:

this can not be true markieboi knows everything

Welcome to the world of bull**** Richy. I dare say the only way to find out about your bird is DNA testing though there are some and only some first class falconers and breeders that could tell you through a photo by the legs ect. tbh I have never neard of a female flying at that weight, round about 1lb 13 probably the lowest I have heard but then again I have a friend in the Fens that has a male which has been DNA tested and flies at bang on 2lb.

Well said that man! :whistling:

Richy, as said before mate, get some pictures up & i'm sure you will have an answer from a few good fellow's on here as to the sex of your BoP! It sounds as if you may have been miss informed as to the sex of you HH, which wouldnt be the first time & no doubt the last, as it sounds to me to be a male at that weight as well. :thumbs:

ATB. Will

Edited by Harris Will

Richy, as said before mate, get some pictures up & i'm sure you will have an answer from a few good fellow's on here as to the sex of your BoP! It sounds as if you may have been miss informed as to the sex of you HH, which wouldnt be the first time & no doubt the last, as it sounds to me to be a male at that weight as well. :thumbs:

ATB. Will

it sounds like you right it needs a dna soon as i get blue tooth i will get them pics on

ATB. Will

it sounds like you right it needs a dna soon as i get blue tooth i will get them pics on

Ok Richy - sensible questions from me, in order to help (I hope!)

What was /his top weight?

What does it weigh today?

What are you currently feeding (type + quantity)

Have you pulled it out of its moult yet?

Mike

the bird has gone

i hope its gone to a good home richy for the birds sake and if you decide you want another 1 later on try and track some one down in your area and watch him or her for a will untill you no the crack thats if your serious about it the trouble with birds of prey they arnt like a dog or a cat you can tell when they are under weight they go thin but feathers hide a hell of alot on birds and they rely on people to monitor them and look after them so if your not keen as fxxk to have one steer clear mate all the best horris ;)

i hope its gone to a good home richy for the birds sake and if you decide you want another 1 later on try and track some one down in your area and watch him or her for a will untill you no the crack thats if your serious about it the trouble with birds of prey they arnt like a dog or a cat you can tell when they are under weight they go thin but feathers hide a hell of alot on birds and they rely on people to monitor them and look after them so if your not keen as fxxk to have one steer clear mate all the best horris ;)

:clapper::clapper: bang on Horris.

Lets hope its ended up somewhere with someone who knows what they're doing before the picked the bird up...

Jasper

Welcome to the world of bull**** Richy. I dare say the only way to find out about your bird is DNA testing though there are some and only some first class falconers and breeders that could tell you through a photo by the legs ect. tbh I have never neard of a female flying at that weight, round about 1lb 13 probably the lowest I have heard but then again I have a friend in the Fens that has a male which has been DNA tested and flies at bang on 2lb.

I bought a large male hh which flew at 1.10 1/4, had it dna tested and it turned out to be a small female.

I bought a large male hh which flew at 1.10 1/4, had it dna tested and it turned out to be a small female.

my cousin as got the brother to my female and that as took rabbits at 1.12 and that is a defenant male as any body on the forum got any bigger males if so let me no please thanks horris :victory: