how do you drop the weight on your harris hawk

Guest richy

jasper

me i wouldnt bother having a geuss. i supose you would have a 33.333% chance of picking the best if there was a best.but i wouldnt mind betting they turned all out good steady girls.since i know you and trust your judgment i would just ask you.simple.oh and just for the record if i didnt know or know of you through a third party i wouldnt bother buying one anyway.

thanks daz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which one I would have but I remember the one on the far left was a Dark bird and very spooky, she only had to clock you peering through a spyhole and she instantly tightend and started jumping about, it also was real spooked when the other two would Spar over food....

The one on the far right was the biggest but also seemed very sensible in the aviary as was the middle one. I have had them before like her which are very inquesitive!! when they see someone peering through the spyhole they come over for a look and peer back at you, perhaps they're a bit more confident :hmm:....

Its a hard one for anyone picking birds when there is a few to chose from! I try and tell people what I have witnessed with the birds but the final say should be with the Punter! but normally I can pretty much be 100% sure the big girls and boys always go first in this country.....

If I was pulling one for myself I would go for the middle bird, she was smaller then the bigger bird on the right yet Gamey enough to tackle her blow for blow...

Jasper

I'm not sure which one I would have but I remember the one on the far left was a Dark bird and very spooky, she only had to clock you peering through a spyhole and she instantly tightend and started jumping about, it also was real spooked when the other two would Spar over food....

The one on the far right was the biggest but also seemed very sensible in the aviary as was the middle one. I have had them before like her which are very inquesitive!! when they see someone peering through the spyhole they come over for a look and peer back at you, perhaps they're a bit more confident :hmm:....

Its a hard one for anyone picking birds when there is a few to chose from! I try and tell people what I have witnessed with the birds but the final say should be with the Punter! but normally I can pretty much be 100% sure the big girls and boys always go first in this country.....

If I was pulling one for myself I would go for the middle bird, she was smaller then the bigger bird on the right yet Gamey enough to tackle her blow for blow...

Jasper

the reason i picked her is beacause she stood out like a sore thumb to me cracking bird and i love the paler ones :notworthy: horris

I would take the one on the right looks a very nicely shaped bird and not the smallest or biggest

I am going to pick my first MHH in 3 weeks what should i be looking for?

Cheers

Jason

someone to go with you that knows a bit about bops.... :whistling:

:wallbash::wallbash:

I would take the one on the right looks a very nicely shaped bird and not the smallest or biggest

I am going to pick my first MHH in 3 weeks what should i be looking for?

Cheers

Jason

someone to go with you that knows a bit about bops.... :whistling:

the bird has gone

i hope its gone to a good home richy for the birds sake and if you decide you want another 1 later on try and track some one down in your area and watch him or her for a will untill you no the crack thats if your serious about it the trouble with birds of prey they arnt like a dog or a cat you can tell when they are under weight they go thin but feathers hide a hell of alot on birds and they rely on people to monitor them and look after them so if your not keen as fxxk to have one steer clear mate all the best horris ;)

the bird was in no danger did i say it was my first and my only bird did i say i no nowt about harris hawks
Probably the best way to get some weight off it is take all its equipment off and let it go and give it its freedom! I can't think of a better method when these birds fall into Hands of some seriouse Numpties with about as much experience I could could Write on my finger nail :wallbash:...

Read some Books cover to cover! put them down and read them again! there's books even now I can remember totaly off by heart. I used to lay under the bed covers when I was a kid with a Torch reading Falconry books when I was supposed to be going to sleep for school in the morning but read them I would. get out with a few falconers who KNOW what they're doing and pick up some info, perhaps even a Falconry course wouldn't go a miss with a respected Falconer although I must admit I never did this! Do all all your Homework on weight management and conditioning and then get a bird....

I have sat back time and time again and read and heard of birds being taken up by 100% total f*****g arsehole with NO Knowledge of the game whatsoever, they get the bird then spend the rest of their time cadging info when they have no idea even how to handle a bird which in my books is shite! All the Knowledge should be learned way before any bird is taken up for flying, its the birds I feel sorry for being Hammered down in weight and poor management, certainly not the so called Falconers....

Being pissed about it is a understatement! not with the people who ask the questions before they get the bird but the one's who buy one and litterally have no idea whatsoever

Jasper

what a answer keep breeding