how do you drop the weight on your harris hawk

Guest richy

:cry: how can you fly it if you dont know how to bring its weight down or i missed something?

i maybe jumping to conclusions

so come on paint us the full picture

and ''the bird is fine i know what im doing''

give me a fecking break I think you have missed something i did not say i dont know how to drop the weight I asked to see how many daft c**ts used starvation and the answer is too many

your just looking for a argument , whats the point of all this why didnt you just say in the begining who stavres the bird to cut weight down , personaly i think u havent a clue what your doing or you havent got a bird and just looking for arguments

theres people out there wanting to learn falconry and want to now how to do these things and i got all the time in the world for them. then theres dicks like you richy who just want arguments

Edited by dafydd23

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bird is fine i know what am doing i have had the bird 2 years it is a female it flys at 1.9

Don't sound like a female Harris more like a half decent male!! if it is a small female knocked down to 1lb 9 then I feel sorry for it :cry:....

stick a pic up Richy and lets have a look mate! one of its legs and feet would help tell a story on what sex it is...

Jasper

jesus give the man a break he asked for the best way not abuse so if you cant help him then forget about it!!

sorry i dont no the answer neither!! :icon_redface:

every1 was trying to help the guy but he just gave no seriuos replys and just said he wanted to see who starved them to cut there weight every1 wanted to help i tryed

jesus give the man a break he asked for the best way not abuse so if you cant help him then forget about it!!

sorry i dont no the answer neither!! :icon_redface:

every1 was trying to help the guy but he just gave no seriuos replys and just said he wanted to see who starved them to cut there weight every1 wanted to help

not everyone one most just want to give abuse but thats life

seems to me Richy you're on a wind up. never look a gift horse in the mouth mate expecially when there is alot of people trying to help you, the balls in your court richy with some top advice from guys on the forum who are on the boil!! take it or leave it, you asked for advice so fill them in with the details :good: .....

Jasper

Rich, im not having a go-honest.

What is the reason you think that the bird is overweight? is it unresponsive,simply larger than last season, have you felt her breastbone and she is fat-what?

Let us know what the crack is and we can do our best to help you.

ps, 1lb 9 is small for a female bud, not impossible but it is small. chances are its a male if it hasnt been dna tested.

richy are you sure birds finniished its moult and is ready to drop weight you need some one closer to you to check bird out for you . i know you are getting shit but most of it you deserve .but some one nearer should help you .for the sake of the bird .so can some one help this bird and show this lad the way forward .keep us informed on progress

the bird is fine i know what am doing i have had the bird 2 years it is a female it flys at 1.9

thats no female mate its a male.

Probably the best way to get some weight off it is take all its equipment off and let it go and give it its freedom! I can't think of a better method when these birds fall into Hands of some seriouse Numpties with about as much experience I could could Write on my finger nail :wallbash:...

Read some Books cover to cover! put them down and read them again! there's books even now I can remember totaly off by heart. I used to lay under the bed covers when I was a kid with a Torch reading Falconry books when I was supposed to be going to sleep for school in the morning but read them I would. get out with a few falconers who KNOW what they're doing and pick up some info, perhaps even a Falconry course wouldn't go a miss with a respected Falconer although I must admit I never did this! Do all all your Homework on weight management and conditioning and then get a bird....

I have sat back time and time again and read and heard of birds being taken up by 100% total f*****g arsehole with NO Knowledge of the game whatsoever, they get the bird then spend the rest of their time cadging info when they have no idea even how to handle a bird which in my books is shite! All the Knowledge should be learned way before any bird is taken up for flying, its the birds I feel sorry for being Hammered down in weight and poor management, certainly not the so called Falconers....

Being pissed about it is a understatement! not with the people who ask the questions before they get the bird but the one's who buy one and litterally have no idea whatsoever

Jasper

and the answer is ?

the answer is if ye dont know then ye shouldnt have a bird.