rabbit prices

shandy1499

hi all now that a new season is on us i thought i would find out how much we are getting for our rabbits i am based in kent and i am getting between 80 pence and a pound per bunny paunched and nice and fresh from my game dealer so when i catch 100 rabbits i see a return of 80 to 100 pounds good or bad you decide how much are you guys getting be interesting to see how prices change by region or county

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all now that a new season is on us i thought i would find out how much we are getting for our rabbits i am based in kent and i am getting between 80 pence and a pound per bunny paunched and nice and fresh from my game dealer so when i catch 100 rabbits i see a return of 80 to 100 pounds good or bad you decide how much are you guys getting be interesting to see how prices change by region or county

Can only sell 10 a week get £3 each at an organic farm shop he sells them for£5.50 But I get a £1 every where else.Won't eat them myself.Berkshire.

Can only sell 10 a week get £3 each at an organic farm shop he sells them for£5.50 But I get a £1 every where else.Won't eat them myself.Berkshire.

I think they'll be selling for good money in a bit if the current financial crisis gets worse,

Higgins.

Guest friedrice

my dad told me they were a £1 twenty years ago,so with iflation and price rises they should be in the £7 mark now.

you pay £1.50 for a pie these days and there is more meat on a rabbit and better for you.

my dad told me they were a £1 twenty years ago,so with iflation and price rises they should be in the £7 mark now.

you pay £1.50 for a pie these days and there is more meat on a rabbit and better for you.

well i was hoping that a few more may have added their prices to this post a friend of mine has managed to get a regular price of 3 pounds per rabbit based on him supplying 80 rabbits per month and my father sells his to a local zoo for 75 pence each and no paunching required. mean while i have found fresh wild rabbit in my area of swale kent selling between 5 and 10 pounds each oven ready in butchers and farm shops but it is not easy to sell directly to the butcher with out the relevant paperwork.

I only get a quid each for big rabbits, and the guy twitters on about food preparation courses and certificates being on the horizon. I think prices could go up if Rick Stein or Hugh Fearnley-whatshisname push it. As was also said, a recession biting hard could push up prices, but it might not be good news all round as good prices for rabbits would mean stiffer competition to get at them. The doley boys that have never worked would also be out poaching them at night and lying sleeping all day.

there is only one butcher in my area i have found that sells rabbit, he sells it fressed for £1.99 and buys them in for £1.00, i still cant get permission to snare any where so there no chance of me making a killing selling rabbit :o)

Edited by big bopper