rabbit prices

shandy1499

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i've always just gven them away, either to mates or to a bop centre but now im out of work so i've started selling them. i get between £1.25 -1.50 gutted but have to be netted, dogged or headshot, he wont take any with pellets in. its not much but it covers fuel and dog and ferret food :D

Looked in a Makro Brochure at my Mates the other day, Frozen whole Rabbit £5:50 :icon_eek::icon_eek:

Thats not even proper rabbit its farmed nonsense, A guy near me supplies restaurants, shops etc, big white red eyed feckers that weigh a stone each and move as much as a battery hen from there born till they die

remember you cant sell to restraunts ready to cook ie: jackets off

£1.60 gutted here but season is nearly over so will be taking less for shot ones now

who cant ;):D

if only we were all getting the price that we as rabbiters should in this day and age be seeing, a lot of hard work goes into catching a rabbit and then getting it ready to be eaten more should be done to promote rabbit as a viable addition to the food we eat

• 3 weeks later...
i dont know where you guys are but in linconshire my local game dealer gives about 30p a rabbit!

I get nothing :censored: the only game dealer round here packed up a long while back, the odd butcher's will take one or two now an then, not worth making a wasted trip

I make a trip to Lincolnshire every 2 to 3 weeks to collect frozen skinned and gutted rabbits at £1.25 each happy to collect a few more anything upto 500.

Andrew