rabbit prices

shandy1499

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could get about 3 pound a rabbit where I live. Although I sell them paunched and gutted to the local old women around the village occaisionally. they say it brings them back to the old days when thier husbands would go out poaching

Paunched and gutted. :hmm::)

Gutted and dressed I get £1.25 - £1.50.

Just gutted- 80p

If I move them on the way I get them I get £3 - £4.

• 2 weeks later...

i get £1 a head from a local reptile shop but being for his personal snakes i cant sell that many and save's me a fair bit on ferret food!!

Edit because thats for air rifle shot rabbits never been ferreting though i would like to

Edited by gazguildford
  • 2 weeks later...
i get £1 a head from a local reptile shop but being for his personal snakes i cant sell that many and save's me a fair bit on ferret food!!

Edit because thats for air rifle shot rabbits never been ferreting though i would like to

your lucky £££ :( 30p is all we get here ...

I could get about 3 pound a rabbit where I live. Although I sell them paunched and gutted to the local old women around the village occaisionally. they say it brings them back to the old days when thier husbands would go out poaching

Paunched and gutted. :hmm::)

Gutted and dressed I get £1.25 - £1.50.

Just gutted- 80p

If I move them on the way I get them I get £3 - £4.

I dont get that money on a regular basis as the local old biddies only take a couple a month.

Used to get £1 each from the village folk 25 years ago!

Now prob the same!

What is inflation :whistling:

Now get £1:50 from a butcher paunched.

As a matter if interest do butchers that buy from you need a game licence, ie to sell game?

One time most butchers had game hanging outside dont see that anymore!

:blink: Some of you folks are getting good ££££ for your bunnies and long may it continue for you :victory: ,where i live the prices of not just rabbit but hare/venison has remained the same if not gone down since way back in the early 80's :wallbash: ....greedy feckers :censored: .Cheers Andy. :good:

Same as you ASD,...the price has never really changed....

Fecking mystery ?....

£1.00 a rabbit,..from Butchers,..but after a few 50's or 60's they start getting nervy,.and then they tell ya to hold fire for a week or so,.and when supplying the Game Dealers,..its often 80p or even Fifty Fecking Pence :censored:

I can't think of many other 'items' that have remained the same price, for so many years ?

All the best,.CW.. :drink:

i just rang a few local butchers, as I only ever sell to one butcher sometimes for 50p a netted rabbit. But only one butcher I rang would take them and they were 1 pound a head, netted. He said to drop a few in but no more than 6 at a time :o So i will occaissionally but the rest of the time i will sell em privately lol. But I suppose if someone will take 60 rabbits at 1 pound each its a fair amount for us as we cycle everywhere anyway so except getting the catch picked up at the field we make 100% profit once our nets etc and food for ferts is payed for,