`scopes from usa

I have just ordered a new rimmy,which i pick up next week,from the place baldie works.One of my mates has got a place in america and is going at the end of this month.I have seen some scopes on a web site that are very cheap compared to over here and he will bring me a set back if i get them delivered to his place.My question is,due to todays high terrorist threats, will he get pulled at customs with a scope in his luggage??????? would it be worth taking the chance of him getting pulled and paying import taxes and vat?????

Guest baldie

If its a quality scope then yes, have a go. To the best of my knowledge , its legal to do it, but you will pay the duty at customs, but it will still be cheaper.American firms arent supposed to ship direct to a uk customer, and item their military [or any other ] would, or could use, without an import/export license, the fine is a million dollars, some will still do it though.Your rifle has arrived mate, i will probarbly do the trigger today.

It was a simmons aetec scope i was looking at.On a uk web site it was £249 in the usa it worked out at £68 :blink: .I was looking at a tasco varmint in the shop that was £75 the same in the usa was £31.I was hoping that a scope in the suitcase didn`t qualify for "import duty" :whistle: .Make a good job of that trigger mate,i want it spot on!!!!!. Like i`d know the difference anyway:P

Guest skanky
a fellah on airgun site had one sent to him as a gift :good: did'nt have to pay duty on it

U got that right Dave :good:

think the value needs to be under£30 of something like that!

Andy