mole control..

after a little mole control advice..done lots of trapping, but....did a course about 10 years ago on the use of strichnene..discontinued august...advice if possible on phostoxin.is it any good?...can it be used with out another person with you...the vile of aprox 20 tablets how big an infested area will it kill...o and will i have to do another course to buy it...or will my strichnene ticket cover it...any advice would be great

thanks.

had very mixed results using phostoxin, had a lot of rain last week and used it on two jobs with almost instant results. but like i say the weather was was wet and also the area i was trapping was good soil for using gas as it was a good loam.

there are 3 sizes that it comes in the first 0.6 gram pellet there are 160 of these in a flask.

the second is a 3 gram pellet and there are 30 in the flask ( i used last week).

the third is agian a 3 gram pellet but 340 in a flask but these are for fumigation work only. to be honest this is a f*****g rippoff as you need a fumigation license to use this evan though its exactly the same .

personly i would buy the first one but my supplier didndt have any in last week.

however if i were you [bANNED TEXT] i woul brush up on my trapping skills, i use them 99% of the time and the work very well, like anything it takes practice.

as u say we will be loosing strictnine in august, and i dont want to get in to another debate about its use ( i think its a shame were loosing it) and most of the guys are glad.

but moleys has a very good video out all about mole trapping pm him i am sure he will help u out

thanks tomo..so what size of infestation will the 3 grams... 30 in a flask deal wth...eg small fields with half a dozen moles i can normally sort out quickly with the traps..just thinking more of the bigger jobs then the phostoxin can come into play..if it any good?

use the 0.6 if you can get them.

its dificult to say how much they will cover its just down to experiance.

first thing i would do is kick over all the hills in the field and come back in 2 or 3 days to see were the fresh activity is.

remember weather and soil type is crucial to success