Bisley Today

Just taking a pause from cleaning 2 semi auto shotguns and 2 centrefires!

Left early today as my lad wanted some practise with the new shotgun, went to the NCSC and let go 3 rounds of sheet, by which time he was not only enjoying it big style but getting the eye in as well (and doing his best to bankrupt me) ....how about one more round Dad, so off we go again!!!

Time for a brief pause and over to the shop for some more cartridges, my pocket now lighter by 4 rounds of skeet and £163 for cartridges.....about time for lunch isn't it Dad?!

Off to the L&M for a sensibly priced wholesome English lunch, just as well as guess who got the bill again!

13.30 and it's over to Century 500 yards for the afternoon club shoot, I have never shot 500 yards before for some strange reason although I have further, 200 yards is the norm and that is where I have my centrefires zeroed! Ok then, .243 to start with, use the mill dots and look at the flags, first shot on the black, small shot adjustment, even better, third shot bull, 4th shot V Bull...Flippin ek, that will do for me...my lad takes over with my .243 and I explain where to put the mill dots and there is no stopping him!!

Enough...get the .223!!! A bit more of a challenge seems likely, oh no...third shot V Bull, 4th shot V bull......... my turn Dad, off he goes again and after a couple of sighters his last group of 5 were all Bulls and V Bulls, he was well chuffed ...and so was Dad of course, a great group to end on!

The remarkable thing was, the .243 ammo was PRVI 90g HP, £40 per 100; and the .223 ammo was 62g FMJ Russian Barnaul at £14 per 100..

But it was all in my 2 Tikka T3's...does seem they can handle the cheap stuff quite well!!

Dad...think I'll just pop back and have another round of skeet!!!

Children!!!!

In case you think I jest, all witnessed by not only the rest of the club, but also by another member of this site...who I seem to recall only took 3 shots to hit a V bull...and then went off with my lad on the skeet again!!!

Back to cleaning the guns...I hate that part!!!

Yes, Bisley was very good :)

My 3 shots were the only 3 I fired today. My missus put 45 through the Remington, including a remarkable string of V-bulls and bulls, I was at the butts with Deker's lad at this point, commenting on someone shooting very well. Very happy for her but the gun is filthy, and I still get to clean it!

Skeet is good fun, my first go today. Hit a few but not great by any means, more to come I'm sure!!

Deker - how come you're cleaning 2 semis? Surely you should only be cleaning the one?! :)

Yes, Bisley was very good :)

My 3 shots were the only 3 I fired today. My missus put 45 through the Remington, including a remarkable string of V-bulls and bulls, I was at the butts with Deker's lad at this point, commenting on someone shooting very well. Very happy for her but the gun is filthy, and I still get to clean it!

Skeet is good fun, my first go today. Hit a few but not great by any means, more to come I'm sure!!

Deker - how come you're cleaning 2 semis? Surely you should only be cleaning the one?! :)

Yeh...he did do a bit of his in fairness but then it was....."Dad, I really need to get home, sorry to have to run off and leave you with everything to do".....usual thing....that's what Dads are for!!!