How old are you and how many years have you been shooting air rifles???

Timelord

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

i started with a gat gun then went for a Diana Sp50 used to shoot starling in the garden great pistol then my older brother gave me his .22 break barrel can't remember what it was called. was so impressed that i showed it to a mate of mine and my bro left it loaded and i was panning a guy { my mates dad on his push bike } and said this is how you do it pulled the trigger and hit the cyclist had the police round the lot. all air rifles banned from the house then some twenty years later have got back in to it 3 years ago and i am enjoying it very much only had one other hobby that i felt so passionately about and that was photography and the 1990s recession took that away from me had to sell it to put food on the table so bring on the next recession lol

regards

davy

I'm 30 now, first had a shot of my dads BSA Mercury when I was god knows when, must have been younger than 10, :hmm: so I'll say I've been shooting around 20 years.

The first gun I used to take out hunting, was my dads HW35e, when I was around 14-15. I used to take the air rifle when my dad used to go out with the shotgun & spaniel.

The first gun I owned myself, was a Gat that my dad bought me to plink in the garden with. Got the works with it, corks, pellets & darts! :laugh:

I'm 43, when I was about 11-12 my mate had a Diana .177 pistol which we used to shoot darts into his dartboard. I got my first air rifle at 17 an Original 45 in .22 calibre. There were no scopes on it just the iron sights but that gun must have put paid to hundreds of branchers every year in the local rookery.

Gat guns, crikey I had a couple of those, darts, corks and pellets wasn't it? Got air pistols when I was about 9 and progressed to air rilfles and kept them until i was 21 when we had a break in and my gear was stolen. Didn't have another air rifle until about 4 years ago. I'm 35, so I guess about 16 years of shooting air rifles but I also used to shoot handguns and I have a shotgun.

Guest hyperion

im thirty one and ive been shooting air guns since about fifteen when my parents moved from southend to a little village on the blackwater estaury and i started going round a mates house to blat a few tin cans!

both my parents are anti's! anti gun, anti killing for fun (as they see it), anti fishing, just down right anti!, though my mother has grown to understand shooting and hunting and doesnt mind what i do theys days the old man is still unmoved in his fuzzy logic!, though he has no problem with me shooting rats! :no:

i got my first proper air rifle a week after my seventeenth birthday (cant even remember what it was now) and proceeded to do a lot of thing that im still ashamed of today, some how i learnt respect along the way and these days i try to make up for my crimes against nature with a passion for shooting magpies!

cheers

hyperion

Got a gat and that was that !

shooting lark got us hook line and sinker :thumbs:

Think I was about 9 or ten.

Then a G10 nickel

Then a webley tempest

Then a Bsa Buccaneer

Then a Brocock python with them cartridges you pump up eith air

Then a webley nemesis

Had one of them crossman triple strikes after that. After a couple of shots I was knacked giving it ten pumps per shot

Then a webley excell which was my first proper full power hunting rifle, and what really got me into the hunting side and out of the plinking !

Had a fair few since then including Theobens,Bsa,Weirach, and Airarms.

How old are you now?

i am 29 years old and i had my first airgun when i was 9 it was for my ninth birthday and it was a bsa meteor in .177 with open sights when i was 11 i was bought a webly tempest in .177 an another bsa meteor in .22 still have the tempest but sold my beezas now i own a webly vulcan, webly tracker, aa s410, tuned qb78 and a sterling and my old tempest

Edited by borak

im 23 now and my first gun was a gat that was my dad from when he was younger i must of bin 7 or 8.then i got a g10.then my first rifle was a old second hand breakbarrel then when i was 14 i got a ratcather .and it all started from their reali..ive still got the gat gun im going to give it to my son in afew years .