Scottish Champion of Champions

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a good day a lot of nice dogs both lurchers and terriers alike and weather was good as weil so all and all good day hope someone took pics

was a good day today, weather held up well! lots of nice dogs put my lurcher bitch in wouldnt stand well for judge lol, put my pup in the puppy class, just to get her used to other dogs and handled and that, she done well for 11weeks chuffed with her! wasnt bothered she never got placed. heard a geordie boy with a hairy pup moaning that its a puppy class so puppies should get placed not the 10 and 11 month old dogs that have been placed in the other classes i.e smooth and rough under and over classes, didnt really fuss me but he does have a point! anyway good day had and look forward to it next year just like to say well done and thanks to den for a cracking day :clapper::victory:

Edited by codiethelurcher
Guest boysfaetheblackstuff
:clapper:
Sorry to rain on anyone's parade here but today's show was an event of two halfs....The champion of champions I have no complaints about and the fellah Judging that part of the event was imo very fare and took his time to cast his eye over the terriers and picked out some good dogs on the day. I cant comment on the lurcher part of the event as none of mine qualified so I didn't see that part. My issue is with the open show and in particular the judging of the terriers which in my opinion was a farce. Den you know we've supported your shows in the past but whoever gave this guy the nod to be a judge needs to take a look at themselves. This is billed as a working terrier & Lurcher show yet time and again this guy picked dogs that were clearly none working. Before anyone accuses me of sour grapes let me give an example. In the mixed terrier group he ignored the working dog's in favour of a fecking Corgi type x this dog was clearly not a working dog and would have struggled to get up the stairs in my house, what was that about?...I watched him time and again ignore clear working dog's in favour of some dogs that must get lifted in and out of the garden for a pish so they dont get their feet wet. It's judging like this that causes arguements about the validity of these shows. We drove over two hundred miles today to support this show and I feel very let down. I'm not suggesting for a moment I should have won anything but I would like to think that I was in with as much chance as the next guy. This so called judge hardly looked at some of the dogs and some of his comments beggard belief. I only have more thing to say about the terrier Judge....YOU SHOULDA GONE TO SPEC SAVERS, stick to judging at crufts old yin as you clearly have no idea what constitutes a WORKING TERRIER....I've took some pictures which I will put up later which I hope will back up what I have pointed out. So sorry mate it's a big thumbs down from me with regards the open terrier show :thumbdown::thumbdown: ....ATB Keano
:clapper:

keano , boys , i must reply to your comments , im sorry to say , but this is the first time in 10years that , i , hav'nt got the judges for all the classes , the chairman , got the judges for the open show for the terriers & the working dogs , believe me , it's his last time too , i myself was not impressed with his judging either , so i must appologise to all for lack of good choices , i will make sure this never happens again , THATS A PROMISE, but apart from that a good day was had by all , i hope,you'll all be back again .

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade here but today's show was an event of two halfs....The champion of champions I have no complaints about and the fellah Judging that part of the event was imo very fare and took his time to cast his eye over the terriers and picked out some good dogs on the day. I cant comment on the lurcher part of the event as none of mine qualified so I didn't see that part. My issue is with the open show and in particular the judging of the terriers which in my opinion was a farce. Den you know we've supported your shows in the past but whoever gave this guy the nod to be a judge needs to take a look at themselves. This is billed as a working terrier & Lurcher show yet time and again this guy picked dogs that were clearly none working. Before anyone accuses me of sour grapes let me give an example. In the mixed terrier group he ignored the working dog's in favour of a fecking Corgi type x this dog was clearly not a working dog and would have struggled to get up the stairs in my house, what was that about?...I watched him time and again ignore clear working dog's in favour of some dogs that must get lifted in and out of the garden for a pish so they dont get their feet wet. It's judging like this that causes arguements about the validity of these shows. We drove over two hundred miles today to support this show and I feel very let down. I'm not suggesting for a moment I should have won anything but I would like to think that I was in with as much chance as the next guy. This so called judge hardly looked at some of the dogs and some of his comments beggard belief. I only have more thing to say about the terrier Judge....YOU SHOULDA GONE TO SPEC SAVERS, stick to judging at crufts old yin as you clearly have no idea what constitutes a WORKING TERRIER....I've took some pictures which I will put up later which I hope will back up what I have pointed out. So sorry mate it's a big thumbs down from me with regards the open terrier show :thumbdown::thumbdown: ....ATB Keano

Not wanting to jump on the wagon here but ,, i tend to agree with you there Keano the judging was poor,, but some of the judges comments were MENTAL :icon_eek::icon_eek: to say the least !! Statements like (i'm judging this purley by age ) nothin to do with the dogs looks or breed,, just there age ,,is pretty poor !! Then to see Corgy's beat terriers in a working dog compitition :icon_redface: come on now !! And then to be told ,, NICE PET!!!!! :clapper::clapper: Mite just be me and sour grapes but to see a terrier with a well worked face should i say,, to be told nice PET and then not to be placed !!Thank god i only took lurchers :big_boss::big_boss: The bright side is it never rained but it poured!! :clapper::clapper:

keano , boys , i must reply to your comments , im sorry to say , but this is the first time in 10years that , i , hav'nt got the judges for all the classes , the chairman , got the judges for the open show for the terriers & the working dogs , believe me , it's his last time too , i myself was not impressed with his judging either , so i must appologise to all for lack of good choices , i will make sure this never happens again , THATS A PROMISE, but apart from that a good day was had by all , i hope,you'll all be back again .

Good to hear ! :notworthy::notworthy: Lookin forward to next year !! :gunsmilie::whistling:

Not wanting to jump on the wagon here but ,, i tend to agree with you there Keano the judging was poor,, but some of the judges comments were MENTAL :icon_eek::icon_eek: to say the least !! Statements like (i'm judging this purley by age ) nothin to do with the dogs looks or breed,, just there age ,,is pretty poor !! Then to see Corgy's beat terriers in a working dog compitition :icon_redface: come on now !! And then to be told ,, NICE PET!!!!! :clapper::clapper: Mite just be me and sour grapes but to see a terrier with a well worked face should i say,, to be told nice PET and then not to be placed !!Thank god i only took lurchers :big_boss::big_boss: The bright side is it never rained but it poured!! :clapper::clapper:

See where you guys are coming from,but over all good banter ,nice to see old friends and faces.Champion of champions first class well done mate

I feel gutted for you Keano, this is were credability goes out the window....is that scoop & diggers wee black dog?. Wish I'd gone now but I was loaded with the cold, Nick toook my dogs but I havn't had a chance to speak to him yet. Looks like it wasted your day. Nevermind mate its only a show its down to buisness now. :big_boss:

anyway, all in all a great day had seen scottishlass half gassed! :drink: scotsman was there with his 3 beasts of cracking dogs, got myself a new pair of cammy trousers as i took the arse out my other ones on saturday lowpin a barbed wire fence, :wallbash: will definatly be back next year,

keano , as i said earlier , i will be picking the judges from now on ,not only did our chairman make an incredible mistake with the judge , he made a complete tit of himself thinking the judge could do the job , i can only reiterate my comments , it wont happen again , the members of the public are what keep our club on it's feet so without you all we cant survive, it's not only your thoughts , but from others aswell that im concerned about , so i'll damn well sure, I, will be getting all judges in future, this club tries really hard to make sure that it is run competently and fair .

yours in sport den.