harkila clothes

Doesn't the Deerhunter stuff come with the rubber membrane?

Not being picky or owt like that but the Deerhunter Ram jacket I've got came with the three layers - outer, rain membrane, fleece.

I even use the rain membrane under my non cammo stuff for shoot days. It's spot on.

There's a place in Barnard Castle that normally has some good prices, damned if I can remember the name of it though.

the deer hunter jacket really let me down last saturday ,,,out goose shooting and it really was chucking it down from as usual in scotland all angles ,,it weighed a ton by the end of the day ,, it was really tested that day and in my eyes it failed...it,s the west coast of scotland it just does not stop raining here .....if you waited for the rain to stop you would never get out hunting..

the deer hunter jacket really let me down last saturday ,,,out goose shooting and it really was chucking it down from as usual in scotland all angles ,,it weighed a ton by the end of the day ,, it was really tested that day and in my eyes it failed...it,s the west coast of scotland it just does not stop raining here .....if you waited for the rain to stop you would never get out hunting..

This can cause discomfort and put you off your swing :wallbash:

This is one of the reasons why Harkila brought out the prohunter light jacket (August 2008), same protection but does not weigh you down when wet and out shooting.

Expensive?........when working out the true benefits, harkila is a top end price but carries a 5 year guarantee and a no quibble exchange policy.

I have several articles of Harkila clothing. No jackets though.

All of them perform faultlessly. I have some some Seeland gear that has not though. Same company. I had some Seeland Trousers that had to go back under waranty and it took five months for a pair of trousers. But they did replace them

You do however get a warm feeling of quality when you use any of the Harkila kit..

Matt

Which are the best trousers if you are putting in a lot of miles mate, I.E Most comfortable , also i like loose fitting , cheers

Seeland are comfy, Beater's can be had for about £90. Harkila kodiak are pretty good, as are Prohunter. But they come with a price tag.

I have no experience of other brands.

Matt