Deer hunting Licence UK help needed

I have just been offered over 200 acres of land that are inundated with rabbits and deer. Obviously the landowner would like the numbers kept down :whistling: Bunnies no worries but do I need to apply for a deer hunting licence in the UK or do I just need the owners permission :icon_redface:

What you need to do is give me the address,and,I will help you to get rid of the deer :whistling: .........Martin.

seriously though,you obviously need to have the relevent firearm(.240cal is the minimum for anything other than Muntjac and CWD)and,you have to have the landowners permission to shoot the deer.You also,and,this is the most important,have to have deer(as a quarry)written onto your FAC.Obviously,as well,the land needs to be safe to use the deer calibre rifle on,ie.Safe backstops etc. There are no deer hunting licences as there are in Ireland though.Best of luck,because it sounds like you've fell right on your feet there...........Martin.

What you need to do is give me the address,and,I will help you to get rid of the deer :whistling: .........Martin.

seriously though,you obviously need to have the relevent firearm(.240cal is the minimum for anything other than Muntjac and CWD)and,you have to have the landowners permission to shoot the deer.You also,and,this is the most important,have to have deer(as a quarry)written onto your FAC.Obviously,as well,the land needs to be safe to use the deer calibre rifle on,ie.Safe backstops etc. There are no deer hunting licences as there are in Ireland though.Best of luck,because it sounds like you've fell right on your feet there...........Martin.

Thanks for the advice Martin. I have a Remmy .308 with a Predator T8 mod fitted the deer are ruining a golf course that has large built in backstops everywhere and I already have deer as a quarry species as I am a member of a stalking club so all looks good :victory:

You seem to have things in place as asked for by martin but i would get in touch with your local FEO ( firearms enquiare officer ) about the golf course & get all & any permission on paper even from FEO.

First on the hitlist mate FEO to come out and check the area out first :)

Have you got an open licence 'FP'? If you have,then you just need the permission of the landowner.

No I don't :icon_redface: I presume though that if the land is passed then all will be well ??

If you're new to stalking, then I strongly recommend that you go out with someone who has done a good amount themselves. Deer, as with all quarry, deserve a high degree of respect, obviously.

I'm sure you have the best intentions, but there's a lot more to stalking than bunny bashing or paper punching.

Edited by Tulkinghorn
Have you got an open licence 'FP'? If you have,then you just need the permission of the landowner.

No I don't :icon_redface: I presume though that if the land is passed then all will be well ??

If you're new to stalking, then I strongly recommend that you go out with someone who has done a good amount themselves. Deer, as with all quarry, deserve a high degree of respect, obviously.

I'm sure you have the best intentions, but there's a lot more to stalking than bunny bashing or paper punching.

I'd go along with that...a deer calibre and a deer condition but not an Open Certificate, slightly uncommon, so perhaps a bit of assistance would be useful...still a little unusual!!

.240cal!!!! i've shot roe and munjac with a 22. rifle!

.240cal!!!! i've shot roe and munjac with a 22. rifle!

I make certain assumptions here..Welsh Flag, Newbie, .22 (rimfire...but does it matter) Roe.....

......perhaps best you go away and read up on the law before you post again!!!

Edited by Deker

Although I am relatively new to stalking (I am currently studying for my DSC 1) and have been stalking previously, the end result being a perfect boiler room shot at the 100 yard mark. The only time I go "paper punching" is to zero :tongue2: I am certainly NOT the type to shoot if not sure of good shot placement. I do take your point though :victory: So if there are any experienced guys on here that live in Middle England and would be willing............................................ :hmm:

Edited by firepower
.dsc 1 dsc 2 are for badge collecters not hunters ..

Thanks for the reply, glad that there are people like you to to guide me. Cant imagine what I would do without such solid advice from "mega hunters"

Edited by firepower