it took us ages to find the dog show....what a pile of shite. im sorry but that was the final nail in the coffin for the midland "working lurcher/terrier" show......

I hope the CMW do not sponsor it next year....it was a slur on them too IMHO....I have seen better shows behind pubs!!!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackntan
All new layout this year, i'm not one for spending time in front of the show ring myself, but i didn't even see where the feck it was this year.

SINDASOX

all new layout :laugh: NO TERRIERS AND LURCHERS WERE JUST OUT :hmm:

It's telling you Here about why they had to change the layout this year.

SINDASOX

No disputing that the ground was extremely wet, and that for the show to go ahead then changes needed to be made, but, as others have said, it was appalling that it was such a long walk to get to the Lurcher/terrier rings, made even more annoying when the Gundogs were right in the middle of the show, just a thought but why not f**k the stupid fair and bouncy castle shite off over the other side of the park and keep the true essence of a gamefair all in one place? Annoys the shit out of me when you can see that MONEY was the main motivation for the layout.

If I was anything to do with the CMW I'd be really annoyed that an event with £1000 prize money was shoved miles away, with no proper signage to help people find it.

I won't be going again.

Pride of the peaks was the proper show to be at this weekend, real people, working dogs, easy vehicle access to the ring, decent catering at reasonable prices and dog related trade stalls (not just mine! :angel: )

To move forward, I'd suggest that the EDRD show became a 2 day event (sorry Danny!!!) with the CMW Champion of Champions on the saturday and the EDRD etc finals on the sunday.

So ............... How do we start "lobbying" CMW to get them to move their event?

As for the camping at the Midland .............. 45 b*****d minutes it took from the main gate to walk through the show and out to the campsite, and the same back ............ the f*****g campsite was not even shown on the showground map!

Oh what a long day that was! Am just glad I was with the lads I was with, had a cracking day with them.

Midland Game Fair does not deserve our support or attandance, the contrast between that and the EDRD show was enormous, why shouldn't we the people influence things and leave the Midland to be the empty shell of a country sports show it deserves to be?!

Let's all do something about it!!!!!!

TOLD TRACY TO DO THAT THREE WEEKS AGO THINK THE COUNTRYMANS IS SICK OF THE PLACE TO

Nice to see a few faces and have a beer, thats was about it really. Bought a book on CWD at the British Deer Society stall and spent the rest of my cash of rides for the kids.............Didn''t seem anywhere near as good as previous years. To be honest I think the best game fair is now Chatsworth..........

Was looking forward to Wilf buying me a Pimms but he ignored my phone messages :cry::D

now this is a honest question looking for a honest answer

what percentage in the mids terriers and lurchers show would you say are workers?

personally i never bothered watching the L & T shows, I knew wher they were as we passed them to get into the show ground ,I do think the stalls like black dog , b&f should all be round about the terrier and lurcher rings , and it was a bit of a twat it being all laid out different but hopefully next year things may be back to nornmal maybe ther is some one on here that has a bit say and can explain our grumbles to someone at the mids ,edited just to add i only have ever been to the mids and even that was because it was central for me and some of the others to meet up so i cant say how it compares to other fairs but reading through it does seem to be lacking a long way behind

listening to you lot iam glad i didnt go we had 3 dogs qualified but i wasnt going to spend that sort of money for a poxy show [ yes i know iam tight] but with the travel etc i reckon it would have cost ME £120 -- ££140 before i done anything or spent anymore so went diggin and shooting instead all in all a good cheap weekend

Have never been before so couldnt compare it to what it was like in the past, expected so much more, I prefer the smaller events where more local produce is sold, this one was very commercial, inflated prices, still we did have a good time, just didnt spend much!

We camped over by the terrier and lurcher rings and the nearest toilets were the 2 by the shooting, got up Sunday morning and the cheeky b****rds had dragged one of the 2 porta-loos off to place it under the string barrier for the shooting and put a sign on the other saying shooters only!!!! had to laugh................

the only way forward for THE COUNTRYMANS WEEKLY CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS is to take it else where and get back to how it used to be ! as for the judging there should have been two like every other year but mr frost refused to do it with anyone else so why did they change to suit ????????????

Edited by Beck
Guest blackntan
When was the last time the Midland was the same layout for 2yrs on the trot? I honestly cant recall it ever being the same twice

Y.I.S Leeview

correct mate but the location has got worse over the years as if ah put them shower any were, it says it all when there are no ameanitys at the location, did we not pay the same as the rest, more probebly camping etc , if you went round to the working dog arena , and the gundog scurrys witch two sections never got used all day sunday , whats the differance beetween them and THE T&L ,
the only way forward for THE COUNTRYMANS WEEKLY CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS is to take it else where and get back to how it used to be ! as for the judging there should have been two like every other year but mr frost refused to do it with anyone else so why did they change to suit ????????????

With those in the world of show terriers " a nod is as good as a wink!" the end result spoke volumes in its self!. Forecasted months beforehand what else can be said?,think on 'it' ask the right questions! the answers are there.

Muddy.