Some advice for those considering going tomorrow ...............

DON'T BOTHER!!!!

Been there for 11 and a half hours today, complete disaster as far as layout is concerned, I kid you not it is about 20 minutes walk to get to the Lurcher and Terrier shows from the edge of the showground, it is like they have been shoved in a corner as a last minute thought, if you were walking from the main gate to the show rings ....... expect 30-40 minutes walk.

I even felt sorry for the poor bloke from Bellman and Flint, he's been put in a really crap location, nowhere near the Terriers.

Honestly, you'll feel really pissed off at having wasted £16 if you go.

But there's always the Pride of the Peaks tomorrow instead which is where I'll be.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We parked down by the show rings and went through the gate down that end (just along from where the main entrance was last year). I personally thought it was a pretty good show and we had great weather for a change which is a bonus. Got to agree about the dodgy layout though, there was a lot of walking involved today (not good when you were out till 4am the night before believe me!!! :drinks: )

Will be at Pride of the peaks tomorrow with the whippets and whippet x beddy which should be good.

Edited by parksie

All,

Got to agree with Strong Stuff, the show was not in it's usual layout. I read somewhere that it had to be moved about after the wet weather and the ground not recovering after the V music festival. I thought it was nowhere near as big as usual and if you needed the loo on the way round the trade stands good luck to you.

I did get to meet Bantam Cock on the C A stand though, (on your left as you go in through the main entrance) so it wasn't all bad!! :tongue2:

Ade

Now I know its not easy for me to get confused but I got used to the old layout and missed loads including the fishing stalls and gunmakers row. :icon_redface: I didn't think about it yesterday until Aaron mentioned it but the terrier/lurchers were tucked far away like a shamefull secret..................Highlight of the day was the guy dressed head to toe in realtree at the side of the lurcher ring...........

Yep I agree with the comments above about the layout, it was miles to go from the car parking.

Me and the wife and kids went yesterday and met up with Winchester and Autoculto.

It was good weather which helped. My legs have still buggered off and left me today though due to all the walking.

I did get some stares from the stand where all the bunny huggers were though in Gun makers row.

My rugby top has "Supporting freedom supporting hunting" on the back and "No Ban" across the front.

Still the kids enjoyed the dogs and ferrets and I enjoyed the endless supply of scantily clad breasts running around :good:

Tony

:thumbdown: went my self poor do i think you are the only ones that can change things boycott it for one year and they will sort it or lose it chaps

I can't imagine it would make a noticable difference with the number of visitors.............

well i am just glad i did,nt waste my hard earned dole money.. :tongue2:

Tight arse Byron........you could have got the beer in...... :tongue2::tongue2:

And i could have given you a lesson in finding Triturus...... :tongue2:

Mr Darcy ...............

Do you not have any thing to add except that?

It was lovely to bump into you ....................

:whistling: