fake bull crosses

Guest bigredbusa

just out of interest by that logic why do they call terriers with staff in them bull blooded or say has bull in them :whistling: just a phrase nowt to dwell on

i know which one i'd generally go for but the dog would be judged by what it can do staff or any other bull breed for that matter

i also know of a couple of staff x's and do there fair share and show a few "proper" bull crosses up

after all whats in a name it's a lurcher to me,

anyone for an english bulldog cross whippet :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interresting this one hard to find the real mccoy now some lads still keeping thier own lines going as for a staffx they dont realy add to well to the mix because of their smaller size and shape can make a good cross to a whippet for smaller work if you can find any still working as for staff to greyhound this was done at start of 20th century to give more drive to the greyhound and every racing greyhound has that in their blood ie one of the promentant colours in greyhounds is brindle but when this was dolne the staff of the day was a different animal to todays dogs as for the name bullx only being used for a certain type of bullx i totaly agree one reason being if you advertise a bullx people know what you mean and you are not leaving yourself open to strife a staffx should say that and a masstiffx should say that every one will know what you mean

Lord Orford put the bull into the greyhounds ,but it wan't Staffie he used it was English Bull terrier.

No mate, it was bulldogs that Orford used. English Bull Terriers didn't even exist when he made the crosses.

I know a very well respected terrierman and he ratesa particular staff x as the best terrierman's lurcher he's ever seen.

the english bull has been around sice 1850 in its present form bred orinnally by a mr hinks

interresting this one hard to find the real mccoy now some lads still keeping thier own lines going as for a staffx they dont realy add to well to the mix because of their smaller size and shape can make a good cross to a whippet for smaller work if you can find any still working as for staff to greyhound this was done at start of 20th century to give more drive to the greyhound and every racing greyhound has that in their blood ie one of the promentant colours in greyhounds is brindle but when this was dolne the staff of the day was a different animal to todays dogs as for the name bullx only being used for a certain type of bullx i totaly agree one reason being if you advertise a bullx people know what you mean and you are not leaving yourself open to strife a staffx should say that and a masstiffx should say that every one will know what you mean

Lord Orford put the bull into the greyhounds ,but it wan't Staffie he used it was English Bull terrier.

no he didnt he used bulldogs

No mate, it was bulldogs that Orford used. English Bull Terriers didn't even exist when he made the crosses.

I know a very well respected terrierman and he ratesa particular staff x as the best terrierman's lurcher he's ever seen.

TESS!

The apbt wasnt only used because of its superior aggression/prey drive..the main key factors are 1.breeding 2.height 3.length of back 4.length of leg and 5.superior athletisism lets face it the staff although aggressive enough hasnt the height length or athletisism of an apbt they just dont make a superiour enough cross nor does anything else in the bull blooded breeding...bottom line is pound for pound there is no other dog can cut it!!! this has been proven a very long time!!!

right i think the books should be rewritten in what is classed as what as a lot of people seem to class fake bullx's as the real mc'coy .

A staffy x grey is not a bullx

mastiff x grey is not a fecking bullx

ebt x grey once again is not a fecking bullx

who agrees and who doesnt . now this will be intresting as i have known of only one proper type of bullx .

i think they should be called ie : ebtx or staffx

let the shite fly

Theres only one type of bull x :wallbash:
  • 2 months later...

What are you on! There are some amazing Staffies out there, with everything needed to add to the Bullx.

The American Bulldog, from working lines is another breed thats ideal to be crossed with the Greyhound. The EBT has been crossed with sighthounds for decades in Australia to create a top hunting dog. There is a great deal of variation with the APBT, while some specimens would be ideal, i wouldn't say that every APBT is much more suited than these other Bull breeds to be used to create the Bull x.

Edited by Fenland Joe

i think you can look too much into it regarding the title of the dog , ive been to lurcher shows and heard people talking about dogs and how there bread , i heard one lad say his dog was a bull x and when someone asked him how it was bread he said the sire was a 1/2 x whippet greyhound and the dam was a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 bull , . . . on paper the dog was only 1/8 bull terrier , should this be called a whippet x , having twice as much whippet in it, why in most cases does the bull part of the breed become the be all end end all , having got 2 bull xs myself im not knocking em , but i think some people do tend to use the term bull x in a macho way without realising it , :yes:

i think you can look too much into it regarding the title of the dog , ive been to lurcher shows and heard people talking about dogs and how there bread , i heard one lad say his dog was a bull x and when someone asked him how it was bread he said the sire was a 1/2 x whippet greyhound and the dam was a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 bull , . . . on paper the dog was only 1/8 bull terrier , should this be called a whippet x , having twice as much whippet in it, why in most cases does the bull part of the breed become the be all end end all , having got 2 bull xs myself im not knocking em , but i think some people do tend to use the term bull x in a macho way without realising it , :yes:

sounds like a racing machine, some of these people at shows like to keep there dogs make up quite secret. And a bull cross winning the racing sounds a better achievment than a whippet/grey which is what it really is!!