• REALTREE ADVANTAGE MAX-1 HD
    • REALTREE APG HD
    • REALTREE ADVANTAGE CLASSIC
    • DPM ARMY SURPLUS (poor mans camo) ;)
    • REALLTREE ADVANTAGE WETLANDS
    • REALTREE ADVANTAGE TIMBER HD
    • REALTREE HARDWOODS HD
    • REALTREE HARDWOODS HD

Ok basically it's just what the title says and with a POLL to go with it. You are allowed to vote for multiple choices because we all use varies Camo for different purposes :) Thus not restricting you to one overall choice in the POLL.

If I've missed anything out on this POLL please post it here and I'll update the POLL :gunsmilie:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmmm hard to say really! ive got mossy oak real tree and dpm and i tend to use a mix (trousers from one pattern, jacket from another)

This is why the POLL added was a multiple one, so whether you mix your camo or use different types for different times of the year and or terrain ;)

If Realtree was a good as it's price suggests, surely the Army would use it?

Because if camo don't work too well in hunting it merely reduces the bag, if it don't work for the Army some poor bugger gets killed.

Agreed mate but you must remember that animals see different wavlengths of light compared to us humans, so breaking up your outline is crusial to stalking your quarry. Don't get me wrong DPM works good and it's very reasonably priced and I'm sure it works for a lot of people. I'm using Jack Pyke and Realtree APG nowadays and I do pretty good. :gunsmilie:

If Realtree was a good as it's price suggests, surely the Army would use it?

Because if camo don't work too well in hunting it merely reduces the bag, if it don't work for the Army some poor bugger gets killed.

Agreed mate but you must remember that animals see different wavlengths of light compared to us humans, so breaking up your outline is crusial to stalking your quarry. Don't get me wrong DPM works good and it's very reasonably priced and I'm sure it works for a lot of people. I'm using Jack Pyke and Realtree APG nowadays and I do pretty good. :gunsmilie:

Your right about animal's seeing different wavelengths of light to humans, human eyesight is a lot better than most airgun quarry's eyesight.. :thumbs:

And as for your remark about 'poor mans' cammo, you could substitute that with 'sensible mans' cammo.....

Don't be so quick to believe everything that the manufacturers of so called 'wonder' cammo would have you believe, sometimes I wonder how airgunners of the past used to shoot anything without whisper quiet PCP's and expensive realtree cammo... :whistling::laugh:

The amount of times I have been out In a navy t shirt and dark trousers and still had a good trip Is unreal. I could fill a wardrobe and more with the DPM I have and I even have a few realtree, mossy oak garments. Don't think I'm saying cammo Is not relivent as It Is - as Timelord says needing to break up your outline but IMO slow movement and good field craft Is more important.