Top Foxing Lurchers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Taffybull
them salukix's can be nasty fuckers aswell. but wouldnt class them as out and out foxdogs.

imo .. they dont come near the class of what i call an out and out fox dog.. i dont think they could handle 5 fox a night.. i know full wel you could show *for arguments sake.* a decent bullx a fox they'd nail it. and still be able to do 4 other in fields to come. where as with a saluki.. i dont think it could handle the work :victory:

but every coin as 2 side.. a bullx wont run a hare daytime like a saluki will..

Edited by Taffybull
them salukix's can be nasty fuckers aswell. but wouldnt class them as out and out foxdogs.

imo .. they dont come near the class of what i call an out and out fox dog.. i dont think they could handle 5 fox a night.. i know full wel you could show *for arguments sake.* a decent bullx a fox they'd nail it. and still be able to do 4 other in fields to come. where as with a saluki.. i dont think it could handle the work :victory:

i no mate just sayinh have seen them kill foxes but as you say not 5 a night dogs a cross between the two. now we are talking :laugh:

should be a good thread when it kicks off mate :good: .. as for my answer to your question.. in my eyes

.. it has to be ither a strait halfx bull grey or a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull.. thats my personal prefrances :) not saying they are the best .. but i know they dont come much better than these for the job imo :)

come on fellas get this thread rolling! :drink:

taff

my preferance too taffy :thumbs:

i no mate just sayinh have seen them kill foxes but as you say not 5 a night dogs a cross between the two. now we are talking :laugh:

I like the sound of you sniper and taffy aswell,you both seen to no the crack,why dont you get that young dog down here taffy for a bit of beating in the winter you are more than welcome aswell sniper,or my team could come up and have a days beating or lamping of the van i would love to se that black dog of taffys run,

:notworthy:

lurcherboi2008 off the site has a cracking fox dog (pre ban).. she has only killed one on her own but many doubled up... she is the best fox catching dog ive seen.... shell take a fox on a run with ease... great dog... this season we shall she her on her own in action... if some of us hopefully get behind the wheel :whistling::whistling::victory::victory:

Guest Taffybull

i wasnt having a dig mate i was just saying :thumbs: .. my uncle is a out and out saluki man.. he has 5 salukis at the moment. 2 of which are used on the odd fox. can take a hiding mind :laugh: but take too long to kill the fox. very good on deer though.

stej when im sorted for transport.. id be happy to come up and make a dent in your local fox population :)

I know of a few saluki blooded dogs out there that would do everything most bull cross will do .

But most bull crosses will not do everything they will do .

i wasnt having a dig mate i was just saying :thumbs: .. my uncle is a out and out saluki man.. he has 5 salukis at the moment. 2 of which are used on the odd fox. can take a hiding mind :laugh: but take too long to kill the fox. very good on deer though.

stej when im sorted for transport.. id be happy to come up and make a dent in your local fox population :)

ha ha ha ha,would you like me to come up and destroy your population? :clapper:

I know of a few saluki blooded dogs out there that would do everything most bull cross will do .

bullxers just do it better :tongue2:
Guest Taffybull

thers a difrence i think though.. why have a saluki that will get smashed up on a small amount of fox when you can have a bull blooded dog that wont take as much as a hiding and will still be capable of more fox that outing. and as for your statement ..would do everything most bullx will do. i dont think that they will do it with as much ease as a bullx imo. id rather a dog. for spesific game. ie. my dog.. for fox only. id rather him be shit hot on fox than half decent on fox. not bad on deer. and be able to catch a hare now and again *pre ban* .. id go for quality not quantity..

saluki may do all a bullx can.. but it wont do it as good. use the right to for the right job sorta thing . .

what i said is my own personal opnion. not down to slate no body :good:

Guest fell terrier
he come from steve from heartbreak kennels

sadly dave and steve dont breed em anymore im best mates with his brother he originally started the kennells off he also bred lucas terriers now dave only breeds as far as i know white alsations and retrievers