Top Foxing Lurchers

hello all abit bored sat here so thought i would put this thread up!

I Was just wondering what you reckon is the best dog for killing foxes night in night out. whatever situatuion. also are the dogs fast enough to catch foxes that are in the middle of the field as we all know the handy feckers can shift :laugh:

this is a genuine question so please lets no start arguments :laugh::thumbs:

i reckon that a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie back to a 3/8 bull 5/8 greyhound was the best foxdog i had hard as f**k and could catch almost everything he was slipped on cheers all.

Sniper :thumbs:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Taffybull

should be a good thread when it kicks off mate :good: .. as for my answer to your question.. in my eyes

.. it has to be ither a strait halfx bull grey or a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull.. thats my personal prefrances :) not saying they are the best .. but i know they dont come much better than these for the job imo :)

come on fellas get this thread rolling! :drink:

taff

should be a good thread when it kicks off mate :good: .. as for my answer to your question.. in my eyes

.. it has to be ither a strait halfx bull grey or a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull.. thats my personal prefrances :) not saying they are the best .. but i know they dont come much better than these for the job imo :)

taff

good point Taff. i would prefer a hard quarter bull than a hard quarter straight cross just my preferance but 3/8 5/8 bull cross is always a good option mate :good::thumbs:

iv got a pup dam was a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie and sire was 5/8 3/8. its my first bull cross but it was easy to train and still got lot of agression and drive and its doing the business ok at moment not owning any other bull x though its hard for me to give an opinion. do you think the collie is good to put in them.

atb mike

iv got a pup dam was a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie and sire was 5/8 3/8. its my first bull cross but it was easy to train and still got lot of agression and drive and its doing the business ok at moment not owning any other bull x though its hard for me to give an opinion. do you think the collie is good to put in them.

atb mike

yes mate collie blood makes them alot more tractable and easy to train

he come from steve from heartbreak kennels

good stuff

Guest Taffybull

taff

good point Taff. i would prefer a hard quarter bull than a hard quarter straight cross just my preferance but 3/8 5/8 bull cross is always a good option mate :good::thumbs:

spot on. :good:

taff

I would agree half bull grey cause the fox imo is the slowest of all the quarry pre ban so speed is not important

taff

I would agree half bull grey cause the fox imo is the slowest of all the quarry pre ban so speed is not important

it is the slowest but the sneakiest of all and shows alot of good proven dogs up. so speed may not be important but i have seen them leave most half crosses standing from the middle of the field. half wheaton,bull,collie etc etc.

sniper :thumbs:

Edited by sniper
Guest Taffybull

i tell yous what i have yet to come across.. 1st cross deerhound grey put to a 1st cross bull grey.. bet thiss cross would make light work out of most things they came across.. has any one info or pics of this cross? :good:

taff

i tell yous what i have yet to come across.. 1st cross deerhound grey put to a 1st cross bull grey.. bet thiss cross would make light work out of most things they came across.. has any one info or pics of this cross? :good:

taff

someone has a straight bull x deerhound. i think pocket rocket has a bull greyhound with 1/8th deerhound.