My King Ratcatcher

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just added a 60mw Green laser to the Ratty and man it performs really well, it's extremely accurate for shooting from the hip and does rats really good as they don't bother with 532nm green light. Feathered critters fly away from any laser so I don't use it for them....

post-20221-1221069134_thumb.jpg

nice piece of kit timelord :thumbs:

i had one and had some hammer springs made to up the power slightly but i swapped the rifle for an original mod50 before i fitted one, it was a young lad that was really struggling to hold the original up, i had a word with his dad and he was up for it, his dad sent me some pics of the lad stalking wabbits with it, apparently he's had a fair few kills :o

this used to be mine...

rifleratty1.jpg

but swapped for this.....

rifleoriginalmod50.jpg

john :)

i had one and had some hammer springs made to up the power slightly but i swapped the rifle for an original mod50 before i fitted one, it was a young lad that was really struggling to hold the original up, i had a word with his dad and he was up for it, his dad sent me some pics of the lad stalking wabbits with it, apparently he's had a fair few kills :o

this used to be mine...

rifleratty1.jpg

rifleoriginalmod50.jpg

Nice Ratty can you tell me what silencer and adapter you had there please?

this used to be mine...

rifleratty1.jpg

rifleoriginalmod50.jpg

Nice Ratty can you tell me what silencer and adapter you had there please?

hello timelord

sorry, i don't know what sort of silencer it was (no adapter, push-on with grubscrew) it came s/h with the rifle but it was very effective :thumbs:

regards, john :)

No problem John thanks for your response, if anyone else reckognises the above silencer please post it here ;)

Well I ordered this King Ratcatcher in June and due to shipping from the states it took some time to arrive in the UK. As some of you know about me I never keep a gun standard I always add extras to make a gun more useable. The rifle came with the 4x32 scope which is adequate for the purpose of zeroing at 25 yards, I've fitted a carbon fibre Logun silencer @ £25 a gun lamp from dealextreme @ $18.42= £9 (which is so powerful it can melt electrical tape) and a Dragon claw bipod from J S Ramsbottoms @ £18.95, I've also fitted a brass trigger shoe for extra comfort.

For a budget air rifle I was impressed on how accurate it shoots and once I zeroed it at 25 yards I was grouping my shots to the size of a 2 pence piece. With the 88g CO2 gas canister I got just over 200 full powered shots before the power started to dip down. Using a 14.3 grain pellet I chronoed the ft/lb rating at 10.3ft/lb which according to my gunsmith it due to the larger 88g canister unlike the standard Ratcatcher which rates at 9ft/lb. This rifle was brought for an in between gun until I've got enough cash for my Theoben S-Type, after that my stepson will use the Ratty when we go out mooching. I've only had this rifle for 4 days and in that time I've took out 5 pigeons, 3 crows, 4 rats and 1 magpie, with that said each one was a clean kill so I'm very pleased with the results. Now I know that some here shout that Ratcatchers are crap (usually people that don't or never owned one) well all I can say is for the money it's a very capable tool in the field as long as you respect the 25-35 kill zone it's a nice piece of kit.

Cracking looking peice of kit Timelord :clapper:. all credit to you mate you've done your homework and come up with a stunner :thumbs:...

Jasper

Well I ordered this King Ratcatcher in June and due to shipping from the states it took some time to arrive in the UK. As some of you know about me I never keep a gun standard I always add extras to make a gun more useable. The rifle came with the 4x32 scope which is adequate for the purpose of zeroing at 25 yards, I've fitted a carbon fibre Logun silencer @ £25 a gun lamp from dealextreme @ $18.42= £9 (which is so powerful it can melt electrical tape) and a Dragon claw bipod from J S Ramsbottoms @ £18.95, I've also fitted a brass trigger shoe for extra comfort.

For a budget air rifle I was impressed on how accurate it shoots and once I zeroed it at 25 yards I was grouping my shots to the size of a 2 pence piece. With the 88g CO2 gas canister I got just over 200 full powered shots before the power started to dip down. Using a 14.3 grain pellet I chronoed the ft/lb rating at 10.3ft/lb which according to my gunsmith it due to the larger 88g canister unlike the standard Ratcatcher which rates at 9ft/lb. This rifle was brought for an in between gun until I've got enough cash for my Theoben S-Type, after that my stepson will use the Ratty when we go out mooching. I've only had this rifle for 4 days and in that time I've took out 5 pigeons, 3 crows, 4 rats and 1 magpie, with that said each one was a clean kill so I'm very pleased with the results. Now I know that some here shout that Ratcatchers are crap (usually people that don't or never owned one) well all I can say is for the money it's a very capable tool in the field as long as you respect the 25-35 kill zone it's a nice piece of kit.

Cracking looking peice of kit Timelord :clapper:. all credit to you mate you've done your homework and come up with a stunner :thumbs:...

Jasper

Thank you Jasper65 your compliment is much appreciated. I always strive to make something unique and most of all functional, I suppose I'm just reflecting my individual and single minded personality in my pet projects. I picture something in my mind and then I go ahead and make it possible. The ratty has been a pleasure to customise and I know that I'll always do much the same with all airguns I ever own :)