nz rough shooting- pics

ducks finished a few months back and the pheasants have finished today :thumbdown: time to chase the deer and get a pig or two now before summer fishing arrives :victory:

a few pic's from the last few weeks, mainly dogs but thats what it's all about i reckon.

DSC01994.jpg

mixedbag.jpg

sf.jpg

DSC02011.jpg

DSC02069.jpg

limitonpheasant011.jpg

limitonpheasant017.jpg

limitonpheasant025.jpg

limitonpheasant047.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

deer oh deer, your next :tongue2:

DSC01350-1.jpg

Nice looking dogs you have their.

So ferrets(polecats)run wild in New zealand.I never knew that.So when do your shooting seasons start and finish.

Sorry for my ignorance :rolleyes: It is something i have had to learned to live with. :icon_redface:

xxxxsuzy

I believe ferrets were introduced into the wild there to control the rabbits, (which were also introduced) but ended up decimating the native fauna instead, and became a pest in their own right. :thumbs:

the ferret,stoat and weasel are all wild as you say bought here to control the rabbit.

stoats are more common than ferrets but ferrets are common up in the tussock country, they don't look much like a tame ferret and are pretty fast.

season starts in may ends in august. with a few extra seasons on swan,geese and shelduck.