OUT FOR A FEW....

one of my farmers has asked me to try to thin out a certain area on his patch as theres 100`s of rabbits there.. ill take his word for it...

anyway, i plotted my self up along a fence line as usual to wait for the unsuspecting wabbits to show them selves...

as im not one to like walking, i sat in the motor with my cz & add-on..

DSC01481.jpg

after 10 minutes or so a few showed them selves, now ive got them both in my sights, ready to hit the first & hopefully move onto the next, cross hairs on them, then all of a sudden i heard bang, rattle, bash.... bye bye rabbits, i turned round & saw a cow bashing a gate with his head, & about 20 more behind him .. :wallbash:

DSC01478.jpg

moved up further a field to get away from the cows & ended up with 4 from that hedge line within an hour or so & moved onto the next field, shone the lamp across to have a look what was about & spotted 3 fox`s about 300yards away, i rolled down the field with the engine turned off in stealth mode :ninja: , by the time i got down to the bottom they had gone to cover so i tried out my wam caller & within 5 minutes one showed about 45 yards away, had him in the sights with the nv & took him right between the eyes, he went straight down... no photos as he fell in straight into a ditch that i wasnt going to go in..

i ended up with another bunny on the way back, so decided to call it a night with 5 in the bag..

DSC01485.jpg

that nv looks the nuts

cheers jack...

they dont know whats coming..

the only down side is when you pop a few off, you dont always get a chance to see where you shot the target, so sometimes its hard to retrieve the kill..

i tend to take the add-on off & scan the area with the unit focused in close..

I like them picts but i find it weird lamping with a green filter :icon_eek:

all these shots were taken in total darkness..

i do use a lamp sometimes with a red filter to have a quick scan across a large field, but if i know im going to a known effected area i go straight in with the nv...

i dont make a habit of looking through it for a long period of time, turn it on every now & again, do the biz & straight off again..

Nice one Ritchie mate! :thumbs: Have you thought about getting an IR filter for your lamp? It might help to locate a few lost rabbits, without disturbing the others. Just a thought!

after been shown, i place a few pieces of blue disco film inside the red filter & sometimes use this as an ir filter, but ive only done this a few times....

i use a 75mw ir illuminator to see out as far as i need.. when it comes to finding the bunnies i tend to take the monocular off & use it hand held & use the on-board ir for close searches, the problem sometimes is recognizing where they fell..

as long as i bang them down & go home with a few im happy... :thumbs: