Wolsingham Show. Terriers, Lurchers,Bullcross.

Fair enough ,what about the reserve? do you think that dog has everseen any work or is going too. When none working terriers are displayed at working shows it takes the piss and organisers and judges let themselves down. Give them a seperate class , no harm in that. If people dont work thier dog what are they doing at working show.In my opinion its dishonest and promotes shit..worker to worker simple. If the winner was/is then great ,i,ll gladly apologise..

thats why theres a enterd class for the true worker at the end of the day its a beauty comp

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair enough ,what about the reserve? do you think that dog has everseen any work or is going too. When none working terriers are displayed at working shows it takes the piss and organisers and judges let themselves down. Give them a seperate class , no harm in that. If people dont work thier dog what are they doing at working show.In my opinion its dishonest and promotes shit..worker to worker simple. If the winner was/is then great ,i,ll gladly apologise..

thats why theres a enterd class for the true worker at the end of the day its a beauty comp

not every 1 can work there dogs to big stuff any more . but still work rabbits and rats there is a entered class for fox dogs but in the other classes all terriers shud be judged the same

Guest blackntan

This argument has gone on for years, who works, And what works ,and show ponys etc, lets put all this in to context, working terriers shows used to be the summer fund raiser and social gathering for hunts and terrier clubs alike, all this changed with the popularity of game fairs and country shows, the working type terrier its self is a popular breed , and is owend these days by people who like to show their terriers at a level that was not done in yester year , they have brought a lot of much needed funds to hunt and clubs alike, the digging fraternaty are not all ways happy with the inclusion of the so called show ponies, terrier clubs and hunt shows are open shows and are there to raise money , end off story , the classes are made up by the people who run the show, they all include russell rough and smooth, border, lakeland, fell, /patterdale , beddlington, and ENTERD TERRIER , here lies the qandry , i have never seen the people that get accused on here of having show ponies enter this class at any show ive been at or seen them in the fell and moorland class at the yorkshire ,, so let these people show there terriers in all the other classes and use the enterd terrier class for working terriers , you can not please every one all the time but there is room for all , :hmm:OH and the pictures above are of the same bitch that won the cock of the north, thus proving ,DIDNT SHE DO WELL FOR A FAT LASS :clapper::clapper:

Edited by blackntan
Guest blackntan
Also in the early days of terrier shows,- any marked terrier,- ie lip missing etc, scars etc had to be judged "whole" , a complete terrier.
I THINK YOU WILL FIND THE EXACT RULE WAS , ANY TERRIER SHOWING FACIAL SCARES ETC SHALL NOT BE DEEMED INCOMPLETE AND JUDGED AS A WHOLE TERRIER , TAKEN FROM A LAKELAND TERRIER CLUB JORNAL EARLY 1900S, DIDNT MENTION MISSING CHIN :icon_eek:
Also in the early days of terrier shows,- any marked terrier,- ie lip missing etc, scars etc had to be judged "whole" , a complete terrier.
I THINK YOU WILL FIND THE EXACT RULE WAS , ANY TERRIER SHOWING FACIAL SCARES ETC SHALL NOT BE DEEMED INCOMPLETE AND JUDGED AS A WHOLE TERRIER , TAKEN FROM A LAKELAND TERRIER CLUB JORNAL EARLY 1900S, DIDNT MENTION MISSING CHIN :icon_eek:

I never said chin, but i have seen a few with bits of lip missing. Which would be marked down today.

i cant believe what i've been reading , all the bitching from grown men about the terriers , as the lurcher judge , i have'nt read one reply about the judging i done , yippee, must have pleased everyone with my choice as , the cock of the north champion

i cant believe what i've been reading , all the bitching from grown men about the terriers , as the lurcher judge , i have'nt read one reply about the judging i done , yippee, must have pleased everyone with my choice as , the cock of the north champion

if it makes you happy stuart you did a great job :notworthy::icon_eek::whistling: