paying for perrmission

I have to say, I agree with Rob........pay your money and job done, no dancing around anybody!

Deker, do you charge lads for days out?..............

Wilf,

I DON'T PAY and job done, I have the rights, the access, even keys to many gates and I come and go as I please (on all but 2 sites) and I don't dance round anybody!!!

So why do you think it essential to pay for the same as I get free, or am paid for???

Has it not occured to you that when money is paid someone will likely pay more than you, you have absolutely no more security paying than I have for free!!

I do not charge anyone for days out (YET), I have a select few who get invites to join me, several from this site!! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much land has this farmer ,and most of all whats on it ?? and have you seen the stuff on it dont just take his word for it do a walk round the place and if its not lifting with stuff dont pay for it ..work out if it has say 200hundred rabbits on the place 20 hares loads of pigeon and crow foxs ect may be the odd deer then it will be worth paying for it ..maybe £300 to £600 pound a yr for a place like that ,but if some body else gets it before you do you could be booted off the place as he has the shooting rights and you dont so it could well be tat tar for you .but haveing a place like this that you have paid for would help you out no end in getting a full rifle ticket :gunsmilie: the best thing i like about buying the rights is you can go on when you like no need to ask and you could get a mate to go halfs with you on it :thumbs:

I do not, will not and never have paid for any land....I currently have 27 sites and on all but 2 or 3 I have exclusive rights and come and go whenever I like!!! I get paid in kind by ALL of them and paid money for several!! I have deer rights on every piece of land that has deer (except 2 that don't want the deer shot at all) and I pay NOTHING!!!

My opinion of those who pay to shoot vermin is unprintable...they will screw everyone up! It will snowball, and in time prices will go up and everyone will have to pay silly figures for a couple of acres of rabbits!!!!!

Pay for Game Rights perhaps, where you can earn it all and more back, but that's where it stops!!

i agree with deker 100% if people keep paying for all their shooting this is only the thin end of the wedge. :censored: ALL of my shooting and stalking is free in as much as i keep the vermin under control and i get the stalking, game etc. if you do a good job then you'll get more permission through word of mouth, belive me.

if the farmer is p1ss1n you about use the time to get yourself round other farms and get some more ground then when he comes back to you tell him to stick it.

but maybe thats the tight scot in me talkin :whistling:

I have to say, I agree with Rob........pay your money and job done, no dancing around anybody!

Deker, do you charge lads for days out?..............

Wilf,

I DON'T PAY and job done, I have the rights, the access, even keys to many gates and I come and go as I please (on all but 2 sites) and I don't dance round anybody!!!

So why do you think it essential to pay for the same as I get free, or am paid for???

Has it not occured to you that when money is paid someone will likely pay more than you, you have absolutely no more security paying than I have for free!!

I do not charge anyone for days out (YET), I have a select few who get invites to join me, several from this site!! :thumbs:

Fair play, I just think if lads are having trouble getting some permission, then a few quid to the farmer may be a good option for them.

I'm similar to Deker, I get paid on several places and on those that I don't get paid for I take the catch as payment (unless it's foxes in which case it's chargeable). If it gets far from my place, diesel and bullet money is a must as well.

It's the same with the crayfish, the way I put it to people who want me to pay for the priveledge of freezing half to death and working through the night is that they wouldn't expect the rat man to pay them to be allowed to poison their rats, would they?

Guest hyperion

its all sorted now! personaly it cost me sixty quid for a years shooting though with a bit of luck by the time its up for renewal we will have some new ground and be able to say either give us permission for free or were off!

cheers guys

hyperion

its all sorted now! personaly it cost me sixty quid for a years shooting though with a bit of luck by the time its up for renewal we will have some new ground and be able to say either give us permission for free or were off!

cheers guys

hyperion

i'd pay just because permission are dam near impossible to get round my way. tried the whole door knocking thing with no joy.

if land is a finite thing which it is then i don't see it unreasonalble to pay a small amount.

i know i would given the chance.

NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!! Dont pay to shoot on farms. Its the begining of the end if you do. The farmer should pay us, not the other way around.

YOU are doing THEM the favour by keeping the pests down. By all means ask him if he wants you to fix a broken fence or some daft job, but paying them!?! tell him to Feck off! id rather poach the place, greedy bas*ard.

I DO ABOUT 30 FARMS FOR FREE FOXS RABBIT RATS ECT ,DEER I HAVE ONE FARM THAT HAS THEM AND I DO THEM FOR FREE AND ANOTHER ONE I HAVE,I HAVE PAID TO OWN THE RIGHTS ,THATS DEER FOXS ECT ..I HAVE TAKEN 5 DEER OFF THERE SO FAR AND THE MONEY OF THE DEER HAS PAID FOR ME TO OWN THE SHOOTING RIGHTS ,IT HELPED ME GET MY DEER RIFLE SO IM HAPPY ,PLUS ANY DEER THAT I NOW SHOOT ALL THE MONEY IS MINE SO IT HAS COST ME NOTHING IN THE LONG RUN ...THERE GUYS OUT THERE THAT CANT GET LAND SO IF YOU OFFER THEM MONEY MOST OF THE TIME IT CHANGES THERE MINDS ,,MOST OF THE TIME ITS £5 AND ACER NOT BAD REALLY WHEN YOU THINK OF ALL THE FUN YOU CAN HAVE ..I WOULD BUY MORE DEER LAND IF IT CAME UP WITH OUT A DOUGHT ,I WOULD NOT THINK TWICE IF IT HAD DEER ON IT ..ALL I CAN SEE IS POUND SIGNS IN MY HEAD WHEN I SEE DEER :D

my understanding of shooting rights you can biuld pens to bring on birds for release and have shooting days +stalking and the destruction of vermin all of these activities can be sold on or exchanged for invites to other shoots.Having said that the farmer has the right to appoint anyone he likes to do his pest control even if he has sold the shooting rights.Pest control is a service to the farm but shooting rights have a value in money.Around here the reality is you pay for your sport and you make a good job of pest control so the farmer has now need to use anyone else.For some of us paying for rights is the only way to get that first contact with the farmer when you have that you biuld up trust with him and this can lead to more contacts in the farming comunity resulting in more land to look after.If you are lucky to have (permisoin to hunt over land for nowt)wy would you risk having your gun licence taken of you for poaching (armed tresspas)

Non payers shouldnt slate lads who are prepared to put there hand in there pocket.............its down to them.

I would say the only worry the free of charge boys have is that someone buys there permission out from under them :D

Non payers shouldnt slate lads who are prepared to put there hand in there pocket.............its down to them.

I would say the only worry the free of charge boys have is that someone buys there permission out from under them :D

YEP!! That could well be it..then I buy it back and someone else pays more and so it goes...so you recon that will help shooters do you...it will f*** everyone, that's what it will do!!

And once again there has been a real blurring/misunderstanding of Game Rights and vermin control shooting throughout this thread...

??? I really cant understand your logic, i really cant. If no-one paid then no-one pays, simple.

If someone pays, then someone richer will either pay slightly more to outbid him or the landowner will continue to put the prices up each year.

There are loads of farms out there that will let you shoot, but people just dont like asking. The worst a landowner can do is tell you no!

Anyone who pays to shoot rabbits and rough shoot is doing more harm for the sport than tree huggers in my eyes. It will kill it for us all.

??? I really cant understand your logic, i really cant. If no-one paid then no-one pays, simple.

If someone pays, then someone richer will either pay slightly more to outbid him or the landowner will continue to put the prices up each year.

There are loads of farms out there that will let you shoot, but people just dont like asking. The worst a landowner can do is tell you no!

Anyone who pays to shoot rabbits and rough shoot is doing more harm for the sport than tree huggers in my eyes. It will kill it for us all.

Here ,Here i couldnt agree more i had it happen to one of my permisions some London jessies that couldnt hit a bulls arse in a stable

Here ,Here i couldnt agree more i had it happen to one of my permisions some London jessies that couldnt hit a bulls arse in a stable

lads are we talking about rough shooting or vermin control ? I've already asked on this forum what do you class as rough shooting?