paying for perrmission

Guest hyperion

ive been shooting rats and crows around the yard at a farm near me for a few months now with my air rifle and im keen to get perrmission for the rest of the farm but the farmer wants paying for the shooting rights! he has said he wants some one pro active as he has a real problem with bunnys pigeons ect but hasnt been very forthcomming with telling me how much he wants, and im starting to feel like im being led on! does any one have any idea how much i should expect to pay? or an oppinion on whether i should be paying to do pest control for him? i dont mind paying per say but if its a huge ammount i might have to give up the only shooting i have! :icon_eek:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been shooting rats and crows around the yard at a farm near me for a few months now with my air rifle and im keen to get perrmission for the rest of the farm but the farmer wants paying for the shooting rights! he has said he wants some one pro active as he has a real problem with bunnys pigeons ect but hasnt been very forthcomming with telling me how much he wants, and im starting to feel like im being led on! does any one have any idea how much i should expect to pay? or an oppinion on whether i should be paying to do pest control for him? i dont mind paying per say but if its a huge ammount i might have to give up the only shooting i have! :icon_eek:

Tell him to do one he cant be to bothered if he wants you to pay try another local farmer theres plenty out there

What I do is when im driving to work I drive by a couple of farms and as I work shifts I drive by at diff times of the day and night if I see anything suspicious or any damage or any loose stock I pop in and see the owner and let them know I get all the shooting and pest control I want

Guest hyperion

Tell him to do one he cant be to bothered if he wants you to pay try another local farmer theres plenty out there

What I do is when im driving to work I drive by a couple of farms and as I work shifts I drive by at diff times of the day and night if I see anything suspicious or any damage or any loose stock I pop in and see the owner and let them know I get all the shooting and pest control I want

sadly i dont have a car!! :icon_eek::censored: i either walk or have to rely on gotting a lift!!

sadly i dont have a car!! :icon_eek::censored: i either walk or have to rely on gotting a lift!!

SHOOTING RIGHTS are for all quarry not just vermin if the ground holds game you could charge others to shoot and therefore share the cost dont be to quick to decide if the farmer means shooting rights or just permision.

SHOOTING RIGHTS are for all quarry not just vermin if the ground holds game you could charge others to shoot and therefore share the cost dont be to quick to decide if the farmer means shooting rights or just permision.

Iforgot to say remember hes a farmer so start your offer low 80p per acre
Guest hyperion

i hadnt thought to ask if its for the rights or permission! :icon_redface: the farm doesnt have much in the way of game but is swarming with foxes! the stalking is already let on a five year lease and im thinking he has the same thing in mind if it is the sporting rights thats for sale! its just the fact that he isnt letting us know a price and keeps telling me he has three other people interested that worries me! :wallbash:

i hadnt thought to ask if its for the rights or permission! :icon_redface: the farm doesnt have much in the way of game but is swarming with foxes! the stalking is already let on a five year lease and im thinking he has the same thing in mind if it is the sporting rights thats for sale! its just the fact that he isnt letting us know a price and keeps telling me he has three other people interested that worries me! :wallbash:

make him an offer shy bairns get nowt call his bluff.

All sounds a bit odd....If he leases the stalking, how can he then allow other shooters on the land? I'm sure the stalkers would be none to happy to have someone else mooching about. Perhaps he is suggesting you join their syndicate?

Guest hyperion
All sounds a bit odd....If he leases the stalking, how can he then allow other shooters on the land? I'm sure the stalkers would be none to happy to have someone else mooching about. Perhaps he is suggesting you join their syndicate?

i hear you on that one not least because i would hate to be mistaken for a deer one misty morning! :icon_eek: (stranger things have happened!)

he has said that the stalking is only let to one person thought he hasnt offered to put me in touch and ive not seen hide nor hair of the bloke in question in the four months ive been going up there!

maybe its me not asking the right question after all!, though he did arrange a meeting between me and my shooting buddy and the other interested partys with a veiw to sharing the cost then cancelled at the last min, which does annoy! im up there tomorrow to have another go at the crows so ill try and pin farmer chap down and get some answers and make him an offer! just finding out how much its going to cost would be good, then at least i could say yes or no! :wallbash:

• 1 month later...

how much land has this farmer ,and most of all whats on it ?? and have you seen the stuff on it dont just take his word for it do a walk round the place and if its not lifting with stuff dont pay for it ..work out if it has say 200hundred rabbits on the place 20 hares loads of pigeon and crow foxs ect may be the odd deer then it will be worth paying for it ..maybe £300 to £600 pound a yr for a place like that ,but if some body else gets it before you do you could be booted off the place as he has the shooting rights and you dont so it could well be tat tar for you .but haveing a place like this that you have paid for would help you out no end in getting a full rifle ticket :gunsmilie: the best thing i like about buying the rights is you can go on when you like no need to ask and you could get a mate to go halfs with you on it :thumbs:

Edited by rob reynolds uk
how much land has this farmer ,and most of all whats on it ?? and have you seen the stuff on it dont just take his word for it do a walk round the place and if its not lifting with stuff dont pay for it ..work out if it has say 200hundred rabbits on the place 20 hares loads of pigeon and crow foxs ect may be the odd deer then it will be worth paying for it ..maybe £300 to £600 pound a yr for a place like that ,but if some body else gets it before you do you could be booted off the place as he has the shooting rights and you dont so it could well be tat tar for you .but haveing a place like this that you have paid for would help you out no end in getting a full rifle ticket :gunsmilie: the best thing i like about buying the rights is you can go on when you like no need to ask and you could get a mate to go halfs with you on it :thumbs:

I do not, will not and never have paid for any land....I currently have 27 sites and on all but 2 or 3 I have exclusive rights and come and go whenever I like!!! I get paid in kind by ALL of them and paid money for several!! I have deer rights on every piece of land that has deer (except 2 that don't want the deer shot at all) and I pay NOTHING!!!

My opinion of those who pay to shoot vermin is unprintable...they will screw everyone up! It will snowball, and in time prices will go up and everyone will have to pay silly figures for a couple of acres of rabbits!!!!!

Pay for Game Rights perhaps, where you can earn it all and more back, but that's where it stops!!