Battery packs, chargers etc

Guest WILF

At the moment I go through 1 power pack and/or charger a year, allright they dont get looked after and are used at least 5 nights a week for 7 months.

It means they dont get discharged properly and the charger is never unplugged, but are there any advances in battery technology that may last longer than a season?

Guest oldskool

you've probably already been there and done that and i know there a bit messy but i had a motorcycle battery that lasted 7 years and it was used 3-5 nights a week during 3 of those years... 12volt car charger had it fully charged in about 4 hours as well :thumbs:

Guest AngelicAcid
What you using WILF? The Deben packs? Thats still canny going for 5 nights a week per season,

Theres still gotta be better out there somewhere.

Yep, Deben..........

Come on someones gotta have a secret combination.

Guest bigredbusa

use a charger called a maximiser or oximiser . they keep an an eye on the battery for you , switch off and charge when needed thus keeping the battery in tip top condition .

my payment for this handy bit of advise is a 12v 10ah battery .. thank you :)

In terms of new technology deben are now doing Lithium Ion battery packs, see: www.deben.com/lights_lamping/batteries/lithium_ion_battery_pack.php They are not cheap and I don't know anyone who has used one yet. Lithium batteries are very light and might be worth thinking about although I don't know how long they last.