Hi,

I'm relatively new to shooting, and have recently purchased my first shotgun which I am ashamed to say, I've hardly used, on the basis that I'm not fortunate enough to live on a farm or in a farming community. I bought the gun after going along with my grandad a few times and really enjoying it, he does live in a farming community but is getting older now and his shooting days are coming to an end.

My question is, if I dont really know anyone (especially in my immediate area - Eaglescliffe, Teesside) who shoots, how do I go about getting into a syndicate or at least gaining access to land to shoot on? Is it feasible to literally knock on a farmers door and ask?? I'm just sooo desperate to shoot and its o frustrating knowing my gun's at my disposal if only I had somewhere to go!!

Hi,

I'm relatively new to shooting, and have recently purchased my first shotgun which I am ashamed to say, I've hardly used, on the basis that I'm not fortunate enough to live on a farm or in a farming community. I bought the gun after going along with my grandad a few times and really enjoying it, he does live in a farming community but is getting older now and his shooting days are coming to an end.

My question is, if I dont really know anyone (especially in my immediate area - Eaglescliffe, Teesside) who shoots, how do I go about getting into a syndicate or at least gaining access to land to shoot on? Is it feasible to literally knock on a farmers door and ask?? I'm just sooo desperate to shoot and its o frustrating knowing my gun's at my disposal if only I had somewhere to go!!

our syndicate is novice friendly but to far away from yuo (SCOTTISH BORDERS). TRY your local gun shop and ask them to pass on your details to any shoot member or keeper who uses the shop offer your services as a beater now is a good time as the partridge season is near and the shoot will nead as many beaters as it can get especially if you can beat on a weekday.or type nobs into your computer beaters site. PS .you will make contacts and possibly get a days shooting on beaters day GOOD LUCK.