Banned from airgun bbs

I suspect JSR have not thought of things that way. People being banned from the BBS then deciding not to buy stuff from JSR. I wonder how many people have been banned and no longer buy from JSR as a result :whistling:

I must admit, although to date i am not banned (but not too bothered about it - what will be will be), i have never ordered anything from jsr - never have, never will. The main reason for this is that the few things i have been interested in getting hold in the past of are ALWAYS out of stock - as is just about everything on that site!!! How in the hell they actually make ANY money is beyond me! :laugh::laugh: LMAO

But there we are!?

Regards,

Grim.

I only tend to order stuff if I need it midweek and am stuck at work :wallbash: Suppose I am lucky to have Blackpool Air Rifles about half an hours ride from home (depending on Lancashire Constabulary's Presence on the M6, M55 :whistling: ) I suppose most people don't have a decent airgun shop close to them or they work 6 days a week so mail order pellets, gun oil and other bits and bobs. I thought the VCR bill would kill off a few of the "less organised" mail order outlets.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like here. If I posted details of tuning an airgun, I would be (expectantly cus I read the rules that say this is a no-no on this forum) banned from here.

As the moderator here, you won't be banned for posting tuning details. The posts will be removed and I'll ask you, nicely, not to do it again. If you did it again, you'd be warned, then suspended and then banned, for every time you did it, in that order. :D

I've got nothing against the BBS lads coming on here and saying their piece. If you lot want to hash it out in an environment that will allow such debate then here's an open invitation from our forum to your forum. :D

However, I will say to our lads... If you don't mind, would you keep the personal abuse down to comedic rather than anything that could be considered libellous. If you can't I will have to remove the thread and any thread that springs up from there in.

I agree that both sites should be united in the promotion of airgunning but I also believe that people should have a platform to air the grievances too. As the BBS appears not to allow such discussion I open the floor here. The threads will remain open providing that it doesn't descend into personal abuse.

My opinion is that I couldn't give a flying f**k how they run their website. They have their clubhouse and we have ours. I don't post on the BBS. Will never post on the BBS and will never buy anything from the sponsors of the BBS. That's all I have to say on the matter. Anyone that doesn't like the BBS should come here, and yes that is shameless promotion... :)

So... who's going to be evicted from the BBS House this coming week?

Should I start a poll? :D

at the end of the day jsr pay for the site so if jsr dont want dead pics on there then theres no argument.

That's the be all and end all of it. IanB pays for this site and he's okay with dead things, swearing and general shenanigans. I guess it's which environment you prefer to hang around in.

As the moderator here, you won't be banned for posting tuning details. The posts will be removed and I'll ask you, nicely, not to do it again. If you did it again, you'd be warned, then suspended and then banned, for every time you did it, in that order. :D

However, I will say to our lads... If you don't mind, would you keep the personal abuse down to comedic rather than anything that could be considered libellous. If you can't I will have to remove the thread and any thread that springs up from there in.

Well said Chris, as in here's the rope, if you want to hang yourself with it, it's up to you. You couldn't say fairer than that. :yes:

(I) will never buy anything from the sponsors of the BBS.

Better remove their link from 'Buying your first Gun' thread then

Mind, I tried buying summat from them a couple of weeks ago, and the site wouldn't complete payment.... :laugh:

I was banned for life too, can't remember what for now but the bunch of petty t*****s didn't like it when I spoke my mind. I can't stand Terry D and refuse to read anything he writes in the mags etc. I still browse the BBS for information and have several alter ego's on there so I can log in if I want to view posted pictures or send PM's if I want to buy something. You can always get a new log in by using a free online proxy server that hides your IP address.

I love this forum for its freedom of speech but it could do with the air gun section splitting down into categories.

Long live the Hunting Life Forum.

Jon

Edited by Portland_Jon
Guest bigredbusa

just a quick update , i was checking an old email address i dont use anymore since leaving ntl and it looks as tho the p***y tried contacting me .

look like his little brown nose mates where going back telling him what was going on here lol i have copied and pasted it for you to enjoy:

Letter Content Removed For Sporting Decency. CJ

terry the veggie is on a crusade by the looks of it , lol what a pile of back tracking /feel sorry for me bullshit . terry i wont be calling you as i dont want to waste my money on the phone bill over you .

Edited by ChrisJones
Common Decency

I like a piss take as much as the next man but please leave any personal correspondence, between you and them, in your inbox. If people want to read it I'm sure PM's are sufficient but I believe that posting personal details, including emails, of people that aren't in a position to respond is jolly unsporting.

Respect the quarry applies just as much here, as it does in the field.

If Mr Doe wants to bring the discussion here then it's fair game, but as he isn't here (or doesn't want to) then private correspondence should remain so.

I'll say here. If people want to discuss the policy, of that site, fair enough but I draw the line at personal abuse directed at it's staff or membership. We all like a laugh but keep it sporting. If we can't keep it sporting then I'll start using the delete button, which is a shame because this has made good reading so far.

Regards

Chris

Guest bigredbusa

i think you find the email was not declared as private , anyway if anyone wants to view it pm me :)

anyway chris , isnt about time i got this removed lol :

ChrisJones Warned on Aug 17 2008, 04:26 AM

Added to warn level For Wearing A Hoodie And Hanging Around In McDonalds In His New Motor.

yes a joke chris but what about common decency :) you cant have one rule for one mate :)