Banned from airgun bbs

Further to my reply above, i guess what i was trying to say was . . . . . . .

To those who are happy with THL - I say this: Stay here and be happy - there's a good crew here, after all is said and done! :thumbs::laugh:

And to those who are happy (albeit mistakenly IMO, but there we are!? :D) with life on the bbs - I say this:

Bugger off back there then!! :bye: Bye Bye!!

End of . . . . Simple as . . . . 'Nuff said!

Regards,

Grim.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further to my reply above, i guess what i was trying to say was . . . . . . .

To those who are happy with THL - I say this: Stay here and be happy - there's a good crew here, after all is said and done! :thumbs::laugh:

And to those who are happy (albeit mistakenly IMO, but there we are!? :D) with life on the bbs - I say this:

Bugger off back there then!! :bye: Bye Bye!!

End of . . . . Simple as . . . . 'Nuff said!

Regards,

Grim.

im happy with both sites mate and i will come and go as i please on both sites :gunsmilie:

Absolutely Jamie - free choice for everyone is what i meant of course, but without the attitude that some have, like. ;)

My reply was aimed at those [few] who seem to treat membership of a web site/forum as being like a dick waving contest - or sort of like saying 'mine is better than yours' type of thing?

I don't think we [ by 'we' i mean members of shooting web sites in general] should be bad mouthing each other as a whole, but rather we should all be working together to improve the public perception of us [shooters] as a responsible and authorative group.

I prefer to think of it thus:

" By ourselves, we may be strong - united as a team, we will be invincible" :thumbs:

I will admit, i once said a similar thing to the same effect when i was an active member on bbs too. I can see that the BBS have their own hierarchy and their own set of problems (which i am refuse to get involved in) , but they have no right to be banning people for reasons that have asbolutely no validity to them at all, now do they? :thumbdown:

It was this sort of behaviour that made me become dis-illusioned with the bbs, and that is why i came 'here', to THL - and I don't regret the day neither. :) As a rule, i only tend to look in from time to time now, and put a helpful word in when it seems right to do so.

Personally speaking, I have no problems with people - whether they are members here only, or whether they are members of 30 other shooting forums. But i DO have a problem with members of other sites who try to belittle what is a very good forum. :yes: There is an old saying "Each to their own", and that is quite true in this respect.

I hope this helps to clarify the way in which my reply was meant?

Regards,

Grim.

quote name='Grim Reaper' date='Aug 13 2008, 04:31 PM' post='623163']

Absolutely Jamie - free choice for everyone is what i meant of course, but without the attitude that some have, like. ;)

My reply was aimed at those [few] who seem to treat membership of a web site/forum as being like a dick waving contest - or sort of like saying 'mine is better than yours' type of thing?

I don't think we [ by 'we' i mean members of shooting web sites in general] should be bad mouthing each other as a whole, but rather we should all be working together to improve the public perception of us [shooters] as a responsible and authorative group.

I prefer to think of it thus:

" By ourselves, we may be strong - united as a team, we will be invincible" :thumbs:

I will admit, i once said a similar thing to the same effect when i was an active member on bbs too. I can see that the BBS have their own hierarchy and their own set of problems (which i am refuse to get involved in) , but they have no right to be banning people for reasons that have asbolutely no validity to them at all, now do they? :thumbdown:

It was this sort of behaviour that made me become dis-illusioned with the bbs, and that is why i came 'here', to THL - and I don't regret the day neither. :) As a rule, i only tend to look in from time to time now, and put a helpful word in when it seems right to do so.

Personally speaking, I have no problems with people - whether they are members here only, or whether they are members of 30 other shooting forums. But i DO have a problem with members of other sites who try to belittle what is a very good forum. :yes: There is an old saying "Each to their own", and that is quite true in this respect.

I hope this helps to clarify the way in which my reply was meant?

Regards,

Grim.

i understand mate :thumbs: we all need to stick with each other for our sport. but i understand some people are never going to see eye to eye but that is just life :thumbs:

Edited by jamie g

Cheers Jamie, just wanted you to not misinterpretate what i was trying to say, and then go off having drawn offense, like.

I have no doubt that most (if not ALL) of these types of forums have their own probs and matters etc going on, and that is their business, like. But we (the membership) of these places ought to be striving together, regardless of whatever is going on 'upstairs', if you get me? ;) Lol

I have noticed one thing though, with reference to bbs of the last year or so. That is that they DO seem to cater more and more for the ft/hft/paper punching types? The hunting really has taken the back seat - any further back and it'll be in the trailer!! LOL.

It truely does come accross to the average reader like that, i have to say. :yes:

Regards,

Grim.

Why, thank you Gilly :icon_redface::thumbs:

Hehe . . . . its not often i get the chance to say anything wise! :laugh: Lol

Regards,

Grim.

IMPOSTER !!!!!.........................bring back the real grim !!!!!

lol..........seriously though grim......very well put mate.

allt he best

sean

Why, thank you Gilly :icon_redface::thumbs:

Hehe . . . . its not often i get the chance to say anything wise! :laugh: Lol

Regards,

Grim.

allt he best

sean

all the best

sean

Cheers fella! :thumbs:

Wasn't quite sure if i was getting it across well, or it was coming out the right way, but i think it read well enough? LOL

Regards,

Grim.

Cheers Jamie, just wanted you to not misinterpretate what i was trying to say, and then go off having drawn offense, like.

I have no doubt that most (if not ALL) of these types of forums have their own probs and matters etc going on, and that is their business, like. But we (the membership) of these places ought to be striving together, regardless of whatever is going on 'upstairs', if you get me? ;) Lol

I have noticed one thing though, with reference to bbs of the last year or so. That is that they DO seem to cater more and more for the ft/hft/paper punching types? The hunting really has taken the back seat - any further back and it'll be in the trailer!! LOL.

It truely does come accross to the average reader like that, i have to say. :yes:

Regards,

Grim.

ive never really seen it like that mate i guess its because the people i speak to on there only really hunt they dont target shoot. i like to go out sometimes and shoot at a target or bloons and different distances.

or the odd day at minsterley but i get bored after abit my main shooting is lamping for rabbits or when i go with mates for foxes.

i guess some people just dont like shooting vermin and find it boring. where im the otherway round i get bord shooting targets but sometimes the odd bot of target shooting improves your shooting and helps you to get to no your rifles better :gunsmilie:

Their Loss, our gain.

I was banned a few years ago, no reason, no argueing, just writing about my days out with the airgun.

Im sure JSR will loose a few pounds over this debacle.lol.

I suspect JSR have not thought of things that way. People being banned from the BBS then deciding not to buy stuff from JSR. I wonder how many people have been banned and no longer buy from JSR as a result :whistling:

. . . . . [snipped]

i guess some people just dont like shooting vermin and find it boring. where im the otherway round i get bord shooting targets but sometimes the odd bot of target shooting improves your shooting and helps you to get to no your rifles better :gunsmilie:

Yeah mate, same here too. I think you hit the nail on the head with regards to your target shooting statement.

Nothing at all wrong with it as a supplementary honing skill, but I too prefer to hunt rather than target shoot in general, like? Having said that of course, all i am allowing my son to do is just target shoot at the moment - he has asked about shooting to hunt, but i just want him with a bit more practice under his belt first. Just to get him 100% comfortable and confident with taking the actual shot itself, sort of thing.

Mind you, last week at the crem where my permission is, he got a whole 10 shots (1 mag) into a bit of card and the pellets were 15 - 20 mm centre to centre, and this was at 35 yards. He really is coming on to being a great shot.

All the best,

Grim.

I suspect JSR have not thought of things that way. People being banned from the BBS then deciding not to buy stuff from JSR. I wonder how many people have been banned and no longer buy from JSR as a result :whistling:

I must admit, although to date i am not banned (but not too bothered about it - what will be will be), i have never ordered anything from jsr - never have, never will. The main reason for this is that the few things i have been interested in getting hold in the past of are ALWAYS out of stock - as is just about everything on that site!!! How in the hell they actually make ANY money is beyond me! :laugh::laugh: LMAO

But there we are!?

Regards,

Grim.

Edited by Grim Reaper