flapping v NGRC

Flapping would be far the better option especially for a beginner, less silly rules & general stuffiness. I don't know what your local track would be but there are a couple in Durham & one in Northumberland that i can think of. Get along to them & even better if you can get someone to show you the ropes before you get your dogs.

Personally the last thing i would do is buy a racer & then give it to a trainer to run, wouldn't be nowhere near as much fun.

chers mate,....yeah i know the tracks

yes for me it would defeat the object of giving a dog to someone else to train,..imo its not your dog then

thanks

• 2 months later...

NGRC or flapping ? depending on the type of dog you keep, if you only keep open class then NGRC is the thing to do as when you are flapping you probabley use a jocky anyway so having a licence means you can do both, if you keep middle of the grade types then flapping is probably best until the handicapper has the best of the dog then send it to an NGRC trainer and sell it off the form.

max the kenneling is long for ngrc dogs but the good thing is with the ngrc is the meeting doesnt go ahead without a vet being to present where if a dog breaks its leg it has to suffer in the motor on the way to the vets .................. there is talk of making the flapping tracks have a vet present but i can only see the costs of a vet per meeting closing a few of the flaps up here vets charge around 200 pound per meeting and then owners still have to pick up the treatment bill for the dogs

max the kenneling is long for ngrc dogs but the good thing is with the ngrc is the meeting doesnt go ahead without a vet being to present where if a dog breaks its leg it has to suffer in the motor on the way to the vets .................. there is talk of making the flapping tracks have a vet present but i can only see the costs of a vet per meeting closing a few of the flaps up here vets charge around 200 pound per meeting and then owners still have to pick up the treatment bill for the dogs
THINK THEY ALREADY HAVE TO HAVE VET AT TRACK{FLAPPING} THEY DO AT ASKERN/HIGHGATE IN YORKS
THINK THEY ALREADY HAVE TO HAVE VET AT TRACK{FLAPPING} THEY DO AT ASKERN/HIGHGATE IN YORKS

no they dont yet but it is a good idea im currently building new kennels to go ngrc believe me it isnt cheap

no they dont yet but it is a good idea im currently building new kennels to go ngrc believe me it isnt cheap

YES THEY DO HE PUT MY OLD BITCH TO SLEEP OTHER WEEK HE COMES ON TRACK IN A VAN

There's no vet in attendance at Gretna samba,there's one "on call" though. :hmm:

Many's the time i've seen a dog getting seriously hurt and having to wait over an hour for the vet to arrive. :no:

• 2 weeks later...

i use to run me greyhounds at hinckely local flapping track to me never seen a vet there ever trial them sunday morning then they be graded and entered for wednesday night raced a cupple of times over warwick dont no if its still there no as stopped the greyhound and gone on to the lurchers but this was when i was young as me and me old man had the dogs best dog we owned was called mort got him from a bloke from irish stock old man paid a furtune form him think he was called urny gaskin but was a bloody cracking dog but was a long distance dog always use to start of slow then come of the last bend like a steam train miss the flapping now as hinckely,and i think warwick have been shut down shame use to be a good crack all the best sh :clapper:

What we all have to remember here is that should beaches, parks , fields ect have a vet in attendance because anyone with any type of dog can get injuries letting them off for exercise, if something does happen weather it be a poodle on the beach or a greyhound on the track so long as the owner gets that said dog to a vet asap they are doing their duty. Most flapping owners take better care than most trainers of NGRC DOGS, IMO the welfare of greyhounds would improve if the NGRC adopted an open kenneling system as eire has ie you me or anyone with kennels up to standard can run dogs from one in number to whatever say 25 so long as you were licenced and registered ie no flapping tracks no ngrc just greyhound racing open to all. IMO TRAINERS WITH 80-100 DOGS ECT dont do them justice most of the time.

in beaches and fields you dont often have 5 or 6 dogs running together though do you ................