LAMPING COMPETITION!!!!

Right then lads and lasses, after speaking to a few people i'm going to organise this event for this season, i'll put up now how it'll work and give people a chance to see if they want to enter........

This will be run starting with 32 dogs, running on a night, one entry per person, on the night it will be 2 dogs the 2 owners and a judge who is to be a neutral party. Alternate slips for a time period of 3 hours, you each slip your own dog and lamp your own rabbits, i suggest no slip leads so there's no confusion with accidental slips, if the dog is slipped that counts as a run, if your dog misses the rabbit its in pursuit of, but then takes up the chase of another on the way back that is not a kill, it has to be the rabbit you first slipped on. If at the end of the time period its all even, then it goes to sudden death, alternate slips till someone misses!!!! Most rabbits in the bag wins the night and goes through to the next round!!!!

Entry fee is going to be £50, i'm waiting on confirmation from Ian to have this payed into the sites account so there are no problems with lost post this will be payed by paypal!! Once you read the rules and agree to them you enter and pay your money, this is non refundable, be clear about this as there will be no exceptions as this is the prize money for the winner and runner up. If you fail to show for your leg of the heat then the other person automatically moves on to the next round. When you have been confirmed a place in the competition you will need to send me a message with your details and the dog you're entering and its name with a picture, these will be checked to be right on the night by the judge. Once everyone has paid and sent details to me, people will be paired off, as much as possible the first few heats will be pairing people that are closest to each other, but you must be aware that you might need to travel for the later heats to meet up with people who you're up against. When you're paired up, the 2 competitors will be given each others contact details along with the judge and it will be down to yourselves to decide what land you go on, if you cant decide and no compromise can be reached, you'll have one chance of coming to land i put on (north east) if you dont agree to that you'll be disqualified, if one person turns up, they move onto the next heat.

All money will have to be in by the 1st September and the competition will start the 1st of October, 5 heats will be run, one heat a month with the final taking place in Febuary. You'll have to decide when you want to have your run off through the month, if you cant decide on a date that suits both parties, then the date will be set for you on the night there is no moon on the lunar calender. If you cant or dont turn up you'll be disqualified.

The final will take place in the North East on land heavily populated with rabbits where you can expect to be taking 60+ rabbits, you'll be put up in a Travelodge Hotel with your dog for one night, this will be paid for out of the entry monies, which will be no more than £100. The final will be judged by myself and Woodga, and will be filmed.

Lets talk money, when everyone who's competing has paid in, that gives us £1600, take out £100 for the hotel, that leaves £1500, how do people feel about giving £300 to Lurcherlink and then splitting the final £1200, either £1000- winner £200-runner up or maybe £900-winner £300 runner up???

I know it may seem a bit harsh in places but this is for your benefit if you enter the competition!!!

It will be pretty much first come first served, if you're not known on the site you'll need to have someone vouch for you as people are gonna be taking you on their land this is only fair!!!!

So lets have your questions, also people that want to judge or can help out with offers of land to run heats on, let me know, but note that if you offer some land for the night you'll have to also be the judge if 2 people are coming to your permission!!!!

How does that all sound to you???

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a cracking idea in theory, it also sounds vaguely familiar though. I wish you all the best with it - would be nice if someone could get something like this up and running. Unfortunately unless all other dogs are semi-blind or three-legged I wont stand a chance with my cur.

GOOD LUCk

Sounds like a cracking idea in theory, it also sounds vaguely familiar though. I wish you all the best with it - would be nice if someone could get something like this up and running. Unfortunately unless all other dogs are semi-blind or three-legged I wont stand a chance with my cur.

GOOD LUCk

Yes mate its leading on from another post earlier and an idea that was up a year or 2 ago.......

IM IN WITH TARA ;) WILL ALSO JUDGE A ROUND OR TWO . I HAVE PERMISION IN THE DALES, AND IN LINCS.

BY THE WAY , WHAT DID YOU MEAN NO SLIP LEAD LONGDOG. YOU WILL HAVE TO HAVE SLIP LEADS, SOME DOGS WILL NOT WALK AT HEEL OFF SLIP.

HERES TARA ;):D

lamping140108orston009.jpg

What i meant was the all in one slip collar and leads with the catch, as they have a tendency to pop off when you dont want them to....... rope through a collar as a slip is more what i was thinking, but if people only use the other type then we can maybe enter a penalty of say one rabbit for every false slip!!!!!

people will have to say what they think, some things can be negotiable, like time limits or collars and slips, but the main bits i think will keep the messers out...........you're the first Tomo, and there's been a few read it that said in the other post they would be up for it..... :yes::yes: ..... lets se who's so confident when its crunch time...... :clapper::clapper::clapper:

if my pup was older i'd be in. Theres not much point in running my deerhound as i know he is not a fantastic rabbitting dog. Will there be another comp. next year?

I guess it depends on the success of this one.....i'm not entering it just so it keeps the "its a fix" brigade out of it, but why not stick your dog in?? you never know what can happen in the dog game, you might get an easy right of passage with dogs injured or not turning up, plus we all know sometimes your dog just wont perform on the night and other times it'll be deadly accurate, there's no shame in taking part....alot of the braggers wont have the guts to even enter for being found out!!!!!!!

:big_boss: I would be interested with my dog TAFFY let me know when everything is sorted and i will definently enter!

if my pup was older i'd be in. Theres not much point in running my deerhound as i know he is not a fantastic rabbitting dog. Will there be another comp. next year?

I guess it depends on the success of this one.....i'm not entering it just so it keeps the "its a fix" brigade out of it, but why not stick your dog in?? you never know what can happen in the dog game, you might get an easy right of passage with dogs injured or not turning up, plus we all know sometimes your dog just wont perform on the night and other times it'll be deadly accurate, there's no shame in taking part....alot of the braggers wont have the guts to even enter for being found out!!!!!!!

This will sort out the "talkers" from the "walkers" !! LOL !! Can I pay the £50 and enter Bruce ?? :whistling:

Cheers :cheers:

At this rate, there'll be no competition...... :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

hope this takes off this time round last time i had my bitch ready to enter and she was killed while out on the lamp as longdog runner has said we can provide some good sport up here in the north , so come on lads get entered :victory:

Starting to look like the keyboard warriors have lost the ability to type........ :clapper::clapper::clapper: .......... i've seen some names reading the post, that have said 'I'll definately be up for that'........... like CP said, it'll seperate the talkers from the walkers........ :victory::victory:

I think if you lower the entrance fee you may get more interest as not that many people have out an out rabbit dogs so they probably see it as throwing £50 down the drain. Also i think people are not interested in winning the money they just might enter for the crack and to meet a few lads of here. IMHO Id be interested myself but not for £50 entrance fee as my dog doesnt stand a chance against some of the dogs with a lot of whippet blood in them.

i think its and absolute wicked idea. it will sought out all the people that say they got the best dog in the world and people can see now if there any good. i will be entering next year if its on as my dog is only 11months old so to young yet.

All best to everyone who enters and good luck

ATB Mike