FAMOUS DOGS

Guest fight the ban

these are all fecking saluki crosses.

MISHAWS BLUE, WASN'T A SALUKI CROSS JOHNY , BUT A DOG AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME, TOP LAMPING MACHINE ;)

WAS MINSHAWS BLUE A MINSHAW IF NOT WHAT CROSS WAS HE ,, Cheers Sniper

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

havoc and missie, joe of south london,and punch out of east london,and none of these dogs needed a knife to finish the job off they started unlike some of these so called famous dogs :whistling:

jasus them dogs seen some work :icon_eek:

Guest proudy
havoc and missie, joe of south london,and punch out of east london,and none of these dogs needed a knife to finish the job off they started unlike some of these so called famous dogs :whistling:

which of the dogs i named neede a knife??

why dont you ask about,i am just saying the dogs i put up was single handed and didnt need any help withy knifes :whistling:

so are all the first ones i put up, dont know about the lot after that.

Did you see the dogs you named run Jonny1609?

THERE WERE QITE A FEW DIFRENT DIFRENT BREEDS IN HIS MAKE UP , EVEN ASD IS NOT ENTIRLY SURE , SUFICE TO SAY THAT THEY WERE BRED FROM THE BEST OF THE BEST LAMPING DOGS AROUND AT THAT TIME IN THAT AREA.

THESE ARE SOME OF THE TYPES THAT MAY BE IN THERE GREY, WHIPP, STAFFY, COLIE, TRAIL/FELL HOUND.

BUT I DOWT IT REALY MATTERS, THE WORK THEY DO IS ALL THAT MATTERS

THERE WERE QITE A FEW DIFRENT DIFRENT BREEDS IN HIS MAKE UP , EVEN ASD IS NOT ENTIRLY SURE , SUFICE TO SAY THAT THEY WERE BRED FROM THE BEST OF THE BEST LAMPING DOGS AROUND AT THAT TIME IN THAT AREA.

THESE ARE SOME OF THE TYPES THAT MAY BE IN THERE GREY, WHIPP, STAFFY, COLIE, TRAIL/FELL HOUND.

Did you ever see Tommy McPhees dog run?I think her name was Ruby?She went to the welsh valleys for a huge sum back then,but she deserved the title lamping-machine,anyone remember?

didn't know her , but i know he had a reputation like minshaw for having a good lamping strain, from the info i had about his strain they were mainly whippet greyhound, might have been a touch of bedy in there,, but this is just what i hurd and could be wrong :thumbs: TOMO

They were or I think they were whippet greyhound types,I went out with him,and I know Lloydy,hancock,quite a few others visited him for nights out,incredible dogs which performed feats we will be lucky to see again.

COMPLETLY AGREE WITH YOU TOMO THE CROSS DOESNT MATE ITS THE DOG ITSELF ,,

SNIPER

Edited by sniper
Minshaws Blue.

As i said on the coursing thread im not nightime hunting biased, the minshaw strain was the mutts nutts at the nightime game and long may the strain continue, i wish ASD would put together a book refering to his lifetime experiance and exploits with the breed, his photographic evidence is second to none and iv always enjoyed reading his Minshaw threads till people get childish and spoil them. im sure a hardback extensive Minshaw book would be a roaring success.

I have to agree. I found his posts very entertaining and informative, I bet ASD could fill a book easily with all his tales......

Minshaws Blue.

As i said on the coursing thread im not nightime hunting biased, the minshaw strain was the mutts nutts at the nightime game and long may the strain continue, i wish ASD would put together a book refering to his lifetime experiance and exploits with the breed, his photographic evidence is second to none and iv always enjoyed reading his Minshaw threads till people get childish and spoil them. im sure a hardback extensive Minshaw book would be a roaring success.

I have to agree. I found his posts very entertaining and informative, I bet ASD could fill a book easily with all his tales......

Well said JD,

From when fist I came on this site it was a taboo subject to mention this type of dog, which I feel has been a real shame.

The subject was as interesting back then as it should be now, for those who were around when those dogs were alive and seen 'em run ;) (a few ended up in this city), they certainly made you wonder......

Lets not forget, it was all in those long gone 'glory days' of lamping and a book would be well worth a visit to reminisce.

A great thred from all contributers....... :clapper: