well myself and ratcherman were due to go shooting but the extreme heat caused us to have second thoughts :whistling: anyway with a few hours to spare we knocked this larsen trap up using some 2x2 mesh i had lying around behind the dog kennels and a pair of springs from a victor rat trap and we peaced together this workable larsen in under an hour so the local magpies better be on their toes :D

20 inches high x 32 long x32 wide,

DSCF0294.jpg

fitting the perches in place

DSCF0295.jpg

the finished trap now just needs the call bird soon to be provided :)

DSCF0297.jpg

we should get a few now :victory:

well myself and ratcherman were due to go shooting but the extreme heat caused us to have second thoughts :whistling: anyway with a few hours to spare we knocked this larsen trap up using some 2x2 mesh i had lying around behind the dog kennels and a pair of springs from a victor rat trap and we peaced together this workable larsen in under an hour so the local magpies better be on their toes :D

20 inches high x 32 long x32 wide,

DSCF0294.jpg

fitting the perches in place

DSCF0295.jpg

the finished trap now just needs the call bird soon to be provided :)

DSCF0297.jpg

we should get a few now :victory:

iv had this type before and have caught hundreds of magpies.Nnever seemed to have any trouble holding the birds . :) as you know we were short a call bird well lAST NIGHT I BAITED THE TRAP AND THIS MORNING AT 5AM I HAD MY BIRD . :clapper: i sited the trap on top of the kennel as this is a regular place because i used to leave rabbits ect up there to defrost and the mapies allways found them, the view out the bedroom window this morning

DSCF0299.jpg

i now have my call bird :good:DSCF0301.jpg

DSCF0300.jpg

it only took me and ratcherman an hour to make this cage and it will be put to good use now :victory:

first of many :whistling:

Glad you've got the call bird colin ive just looked out the bedroom window in to the field were we are going to put it and counted 11 magpie's having a go at a hen pheasent with her chicks :censored: .So i put mee skeets on and oot in to the field with the air rifle :gunsmilie: i dropped one and its mate flew over to have a look at what happened to his mate and just as i pulled the trigger he flew of lucky t**t never mind we will get them with the larsen now :clapper:

ha ha top job shame the lad who supposed to get you the trap could not get it messer :whistling: that looks better then the one he had in mind ,it did not take grandpa :D long to sort a call bird out another talent he has the local magpies should now be afraid very afraid see ya soon :D

Nice work! :clapper: I've had a great season catching em, and have got two others sorted out with traps on thier land too, so we're making a good mark on our area :thumbs: might give some of the young song birds a chance this year!

• 3 weeks later...