an afternoons chubing.

well today we had a trip to the hospital for my nipper for a pre tonsil op check up,luckily it was all done and over by 10 am so i decided to do a spot of guesting on the local tributary of the Hampshire Avon ,the Nadder.

my favorite part of the river is at Harnham just 10 minutes walk from the city center,at the old mill.

oldmill.jpg

it was a scorching hot day and so we found a nice shady spot under an old willow.

DSC01159.jpg

and the swim was a good one shallow nearest me gradually shelving off to 4 foot on the far bank,i baited the swim and straight away i saw 3 big chub,i knew from past experience that they would be difficult buggers to catch,so i set up with a home made float and a size 14 baited with lob worm.

DSC01175.jpg

no sooner do i settle and i get a bite , nowt special a half pound roach.

DSC01170.jpg

a couple of hours passed with a few more roach and a small brown trout,then finally the float dives under,i strike and its met with a heavy tud tud thud,i saw a flash of gold and i knew it was one of the chub i was after.

DSC01172.jpg

I guesstimate the weight at about 4lb, sadly it was time to head home for a spot of lunch,i could have fished there all day!