was wondering if any one was useing veg oil an desil mix an had no problems in an 04 navara

an if so dos it matter wat type off veg oil you use

thanks

[/quot

I used to run 50/50 mix in the disco

Start on 30 / 70 mix Corn oil from the local cash and carry

then build up see how you get on keep an eye on the start up first thing in the morning if you find that the engine seems to take longer to start cut the level of oil down alot of it is down to trial and error

a mate runs his 03 navara on veg/derv mix with no problem at all. be the same engine as you have macster :yes:

how much dos he mix 30 _70

75% v. oil 25% derv runs spot on in the summer and 50/50 mix in winter

sorry to put a downer on it but my bro is a derv pump specilast, and thats all he does. he said dont bother if your gona keep your motor short term great money saving!! :big_boss:

long term your gona mess your pump up!! :icon_eek: and it will cost bucks :wallbash:

thats what he told me and i got a 53 plate navara

long term your gona mess your pump up!! :icon_eek: and it will cost bucks :wallbash:

Spot on imo. Pumps and injectors are lubricated by fuel oil. Veg' oil won't do the same...jmo :victory:

Edited by MikeTheDog
  • 4 weeks later...

Spot on imo. Pumps and injectors are lubricated by fuel oil. Veg' oil won't do the same...jmo :victory:

Yep, your better off spending £600 for a conversion kit or £1,000 fitted, a tank for oil and another for diesel.........

been running my disco and van for 12 months on it.50/50 in winter and straight veg in summer.if you got bosch fuel pump your ok.other pumps go tits up.just my experience though.saves me a packet because i can get oil real cheap.