Moving Shotguns

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been posted before!

Anyway, got my shotgun license a few years ago while I was still living with my parents, now i'm living quite a distance away. I'd like to move my guns up to where I am but unsure weather I would have to change my license as I come under a different police force.

Could I just notify them of my change of address or would have I have to change my license?

Cheers,

BB

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been posted before!

Anyway, got my shotgun license a few years ago while I was still living with my parents, now i'm living quite a distance away. I'd like to move my guns up to where I am but unsure weather I would have to change my license as I come under a different police force.

Could I just notify them of my change of address or would have I have to change my license?

Cheers,

BB

Just ring and tell your current constabulary your change of address. They will inform the new constabulary who will take care of your next renewall.

Matt

How long have you been at your new address? as under law your surposed to inform them within 7 days of the change,

Hyperthetically your pairents are in posetion of firearms with out a licence , If i was you i would get the gun safe installed pronto and get them moved, sorry if it sounds a bit harsh but it can leed to a revoke of licence cheers

How long have you been at your new address? as under law your surposed to inform them within 7 days of the change,

Hyperthetically your pairents are in posetion of firearms with out a licence , If i was you i would get the gun safe installed pronto and get them moved, sorry if it sounds a bit harsh but it can leed to a revoke of licence cheers

There is no requirement to inform them within a certain timescale the wording is very bland and obscure as normal with firearms law. See Here

Also, I have a query about his parents in possession of guns. If he has the keys to the cabinet and sole access and his certificate lists that address there is no problem as his parents are not in possession as they have no access.

When I first had my Shotgun certificate I lived at a different address to where my guns were stored as they were kept with my father who at the time didn't have an SGC.

Access is the key word in this one.

Regards

SS :thumbs:

There is no requirement to inform them within a certain timescale the wording is very bland and obscure as normal with firearms law. See Here

Also, I have a query about his parents in possession of guns. If he has the keys to the cabinet and sole access and his certificate lists that address there is no problem as his parents are not in possession as they have no access.

When I first had my Shotgun certificate I lived at a different address to where my guns were stored as they were kept with my father who at the time didn't have an SGC.

Regards

That's how I read it SS

Guest basil46

Regards

I agree on this one. Isn`t it notification of buying a new weapon within seven days.

basil46.

Regards

I agree with what you are saying here, but he does say that he wants to move the guns to his new address, in which case he must inform the firearms office that the guns have changed address or he will lose his ticket.

Regards

I agree with what you are saying here, but he does say that he wants to move the guns to his new address, in which case he must inform the firearms office that the guns have changed address or he will lose his ticket.

Obviously, if the guns and cabinet are moved elsewhere then of course he will have to notify the local licensing department which his certificate is currently issued by. But as it stands with the guns not moved, he is breaking no laws.

Regards