A fistful of ferrets

i would just like to say i have just watched this dvd with some friends,first of all the quality of the sound and picture was very good but for the film sorry but one they are handling ferrets with gloves surely a no no and for the accommodation of the ferrets and the birds well i have never seen anything like it, never mined put them on a dvd. These people are in the dark ages keeping ferrets like that sorry but this is my opinion as a northerner (but you southerners must do it different down there )and i am not having a go at any one so before you all have a go at me i would like to here if any one else has seen it and what they think, because this dvd gives a very dim view on rabbiting O and the dog is a good net dog (as its never out of them)

Yes i agree to some extent, but lets face it you have a Bee in your Bonnet regarding the Southern Bunny Bashers!! Its imo a reasonable view about two old Boys who are to long in the tooth to change there ways!! And theres plenty more of them the length and breadth of the Country thats for sure!!. Regarding your comments on the Dog! at the end of the day what i viewed was a good Rabbiting Dog who done whats required!! ...

What kind of gloves do they wear while theyre handling the ferrets?

I have to agree its a bad idea, the only time Ive been really badly bitten by a ferret, It was a really bitterly cold winter day and we were ferreting on a grouse moor, I put my gloves on to keep warm while I was waiting for a bolt. Got a few in the nets and I never thought anything of it, just wrung their necks as per usual with the gloves on. When the ferret came out I went to lift it and it bit me a cracker :icon_eek: in hindight, to an animal with limited vision and good scenting powers, my gloved hand probably looked, smelt and felt like a rabbit :doh:

Its always interesting when a new dvd comes out, you get the rave reviews praising it and then the ones bringing it down, I guess the reality is the film is probably somewhere in between, neither oscar winning nor a waste of money, I would have to see it to pass comment though, if anyone wants to send me a copy and I will do an honest and unbiased review, feel free :thumbs:

Just watched dvd recently and thought it was ok but expected it to be better.The music got on my tits.I think i have been spoiled by coney catcher 1 2 and 3 and in my opinion these are probably the best rabbiting vids i have ever seen they will take some beating.

sean.

The sequels due out soon "..............And a few ferrets more" :yes:

Followed by the good the bad and the bull x :tongue2:

Could be........The good,the bad,and the Pug-lee............................(think about it,pugs and drummers) ;)

• 1 month later...

This DVD features Jimmy Smith and Frank Sherred, two old time professional rabbit catchers, both in their 70s who have seen it all. They were brought up rabbiting from an early age, with the rabbits they caught feeding their families. In recent years they have worked with James Bradley, professionally catching rabbits for rabbit clearance societies and landowners. These guys are a dying breed and this film follows them on their exploits with interviews and tips gleaned along the way. See purse nets, long nets and drop boxes in action, whilst watching their old strain of ferrets. They are joined by Molly, a Collie cross Greyhound of many years experience catching bolters

post-2520-1221514122.jpg

He's bought the second one out now .Professional Rabbit Control Part 1 see if its any better

Part 1. Does that mean there's going to be a part 2?

If the guys going to make a few then I might just wait for a box set to come out and get them all in one hit.